assembly mouse-input

Started by
2 comments, last by Leadorn 21 years, 5 months ago
I wrote a small game with mouse-input. It was made from some assembly routines. Im woundering how this game works when i hace a USB mouse? Probably bios interupt, petty cool
Advertisement
I doubt the bios would have USB support... I could be wrong though...
[email=esheppard@gmail.com]esheppard@gmail.com[/email]
If it''s DOS assembly you just use the same interrupt to access the drivers as always. In Windows you should be making calls to the Windows API to get mouse information, which again won''t be any different with a USB device.

This post qualifies for 100 per cent Canadian Content under the rulings of the Canadian Internet Commission and the Federal Ministry of Communication. There are four Americans who worked on this post, but they all have landed immigrant status, and have signed CRTC affidavits swearing that they drink beer, eat back bacon, drive snowmobiles and wear toques. Any resemblance between the Content of this post and the content of any American post is purely coincidental and not the intention of the poster or the various Internet Agencies of the Canadian Government who have screened these posts prior to bulk erasing in accordance with the policies of the Federal Internet Identity Board.
But it wouldn''t work in real DOS-mode, as certainly no manufacturer will code a DOS-mode driver for an USB device...

Yesterday we still stood at the verge of the abyss,
today we''re a step onward!

Don''t klick me!!!
Yesterday we still stood at the verge of the abyss,today we're a step onward! Don't klick me!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement