Hazard Ball

Started by
500 comments, last by Qa303asmGuru 19 years, 9 months ago
Greets, My name is Chris Eastwood and I am proud to present to you all my own personal project. The game "Hazard Ball". I've put in alot of effort and spent a long time creating this game (been over a whole year!). I'm really hoping to receive all kinds of feedback. The Hazard Ball website: http://kickme.to/hazardball On the website you will find the downloads, the documentation, and a message board. The download is only around 1MB so what are you waiting for? To anyone recently new to Hazard Ball: dont be put off replying because of the number of replies, All types of comments are welcome! keep them coming Every comment and criticism means a lot, so please write a reply, thank you! Some Screenies: - click an image to enlarge - Hope you all enjoy it! Im looking forward to hearing back from you, Thanks kindly, - Genaside. [ Hazard Ball on Gamedev | Hazard Ball Website | Genaside Website ] [edited by - Genaside on May 29, 2004 11:13:44 AM]
Advertisement
This game is fabulous! A great indicator that visual effects aren''t everything; this is some rock solid gameplay.

swift URL | browse my bookmarks [server may not always be on]
SotteD | View/download my Song of the Day
Sensimed | Info/download
yeh really fun, the only thing i didnt like is the movent of the cursor on the menu screens.....

apart from that well done, fantastic game
quote:Original post by deal
yeh really fun, the only thing i didnt like is the movent of the cursor on the menu screens.....

apart from that well done, fantastic game

FUCK ! i never played such fun game in along time .. NICE WORK.. like said the movement of the cursor look like it lags
Metal Typhoon
Wow, this game kicks ass. I seriouly wish I could make a game this fun. I''ll post something meaningfull after playing more...
Truly, a professional, addictive, and great game! Well done.

Amphetamine
Ok, here is what I noticed.

1) if you get the first grey key, and then die, you still have 1 key, but the key comes back. This means you can have like 4 grey keys in the first level. (not sure if you want that or not, but I thought I''d bring it up)

2) I skipped the whole first level by using the jump pad to the right of the start point (and my speed stuff) to jump strait down (over the blue wall around the exit) and then I just left the level without getting any keys. (took about 10 lives to do it)

3) (without cheating)I couldn''t beat the first level because I kinda got stuck after I got the grey key, some shield thing, and a bunch of other stuff. I think the only thing left was to somehow break the crumbled blue wall to the left of the start point, but I couldnt'' find a way.

How this helps. Like I said, this games kicks ass. I like the controls, but I also dont like the mouse in the menu screen. It moves in an annoying way.
HAHAHA, I found the secret warp in the second level! Your secret is safe with me.

I'm still a little unclear about what everything does. I get the keys, but what does the blue squiggly thing do? break the crumbled looking blue wall? how? Also, what does the yellow/black stripe item do? Somehow I beat both levels without figuring this out.

Nevermind, I read the hints for level 1 and I get it now.

That game is crazy fun though. I want more demo levels! I'm a good bug finder (I think the key thing was a bug)

[edited by - Pseudo on January 4, 2003 11:42:20 PM]
Sweet, replies!

MENU: The menu is getting to people, I'll get that sorted out for sure (its one of them things where "it works fine on mine")

Amphetamine, Metal Typhoon, deal, vtwin: Thank you so much for your kind words! It means a lot and makes it all worth while!

Pseudo: Thank you for your comments and the beta testing there well lets see how I can help you..

The keys problem, I had a thought about this and decided that if you die getting a key or something then I'll let you keep it. But at the start of a new level, your inventory will be wiped. Do you think thats ok? or should I clear the inventory on every death?

and congrats on finding that warp!! Nice one

[EDIT] You must be getting good at it! I didnt think about the ability to jump to the exit hheheh! [/EDIT]

more help for you all:

To break walls you need to have the powerup (the trails indicate you have a powerup). When you are in powerup mode you cant be crushed, and you can smash (certain) walls by hitting them at speed.

The blue squiggly things in your inventory are regenerators. if you fall, you can quickly use a generator by clicking the mouse during the fall of death. you will be spawned back up to the surface

The yellow and black thing in your inventory is a "construction tile", this allows you to build over gaps. To build a tile you simply hold the left mouse button while travelling over the edge.

The shield things are elemental protections they all have different effects..

Sorry I didnt wait till the manual was done before releasing, but I hope this cleared up a few things.

another note: the game levels put you in the "deep end" I have a good friend working on some tutorial levels which will build up knowledge of all items! but if you play it enough you will begin to understand it more. Im also here for questions and everything else

[edited by - Genaside on January 4, 2003 12:08:20 AM]
I think you should do it one of two ways. Either wipe the inventory when you die (and on new level), OR make is so the items you got aren't still on the map after you die. The reason I say this is because on the first level I got both keys, and then died just after breaking the blue wall. So when I came back, I still had 2 keys, and beat the level. (that was fine because I earned the keys once) BUT THEN, on the second level, sometimes you need multiple yellow/grey keys. like in the upper left of the start. You can get one pretty fast (lower left of start) but the other is harder to get. So with the current keep-key feature, I could just get the first key, die, then get the first key again (and have two keys) and open both yellow locks without ever getting the second key.

now if the first key was gone after I died, then I would still have to find/get the second key.

oh yeah, almost forgot. Did you get what I meant about skipping the whole first level using hte jump pad? you might want to move the exit area down one block so you cant do that.

[edited by - Pseudo on January 4, 2003 12:14:30 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement