C++ or C#

Started by
25 comments, last by ehsen 20 years, 6 months ago
Which language should i learn C++ or C#. If C# then is this language has any advantage over vb.net (as i have already 3 years experience in vb ) Is C# provide access to low level programing as in C++. Ehsen [edited by - ehsen on September 20, 2003 12:16:16 PM]
Ehsen
Advertisement

Whichever you want to.

*puts on flame resistant suit*
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
Ahh, you beat me to it.

*Gets flamethrower*

R.I.P. Mark Osback
Solo Pa Mi Gente
VG-Force
I have a beef with "pure" object oriented languages (ie Java,C#). Is there really a lot more you can do with it? OOP is cool and all but I don''t think it help to force a programmer into it through the language semantics. I think there are some things you just don''t need it for.
That's just my understanding; I could be wrong.
I would use C# over C++ in a heart beat if it wasn''t for one small issue. The current installed base of .NET is way too small.

I really, really like C#. I ported my core game engine to it a couple of months ago and there was no noticable frame rate drop. And I really enjoyed working with it.

What is Barrel Drop?
Who are HTS Games?
/me yawns...

--
AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.
[Project site] [Blog] [RSS] [Browse the source] [IRC channel]
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
Learn both! But if you want to have full access to low level programing there is nothing better than c++.
Learn both! But if you want to have full access to low level programing there is nothing better than c++.
They aren''t completely OO...there are still primitive types .
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
OMFG another stupid flame war thread. Can''t these fucking newbies stop all this shit. They are so gay, they should all be banned from gamedev, they are really fucking up the forums...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement