Dave, somebody, time to play whack-a-nidjit. (request username ban)

Started by
21 comments, last by OluseyiIsADickhead 22 years, 5 months ago
Oluseyi is a dickhead. -------- Oh, and did I mention that OLUSEYI SUX!!! Edited by - felisandria on November 20, 2001 5:50:50 PM
--------Oh, and did I mention that OLUSEYI SUX!!!
Advertisement
Anger anger seesh ;/! Thought he was at first also but probably just a very old regular here and was tried of people asking the same question everday --- think a lot of us are. Now that I read more than a few of his posts I see his valid reasons and judgements for his actions/words ... perhaps you should do the same?

( P.S. Why hide under that name? Do it on your own regular name )
Huh... oh I see..
Yeah, OID...Do it under yer own name! Oluseyi does seem to think he needs to cuss ppl in order to make a point, but apart from that, he seems ok...probably too experienced for us mere mortals

---------------

I finally got it all together...
...and then forgot where I put it.
Yeah, I''m a dickhead.

I could go without cussing, but where''s the fun in that? I guess I get cranky since I taught myself to program (no coming round to websites asking basic questions for me; the ''net wasn''t mainstream yet then) and I did the unthinkable - I read the docs.

Y''know, if people would take some time to read the docs (and not just using MSVC''s Index panel, but also reading the articles, knowledgebase and books under the Contents panel) we''d see a marked improvement in discussion. If people would also learn the basic curtesies of ''net forums - such as lurking for a few days to learn the atmosphere, searching to see if any previous thread has addressed their questions (you don''t really think you''re the first newbie to wonder whether MSVC was better than BCB, or Direct3D was preferrable to OpenGL?) - then maybe I wouldn''t be so motivated to be a dickhead.

I''m nothing special, so if I can do it you most certainly can.

Anyway, I think I''ve shed some light on my "dickheadedness." Now I''ve got to get back to the Vikings vs Giants game...
This is funny!

SpinTech Studios
Check out the latest Games and Demos
Addicted Technolagy Raven Engine - Join Us :)
The football hitting the exact edge of that goal post was crazy :-)
But that Chris Carter touchdown was a masterpiece. The Vikings split the Giants defense with precision, and Daunte just dropped the ball right into Carter''s hands.

Now that''s football! Graceful, near effortless, transcendential, spartan... perfect.
Nice friendly topic we have going here....

Invader X
Invader''s Realm
Yeah, that Vikes game was a good one! They needed that win. I''m originally from MN so I like them. ; ) By the way, I completely agree with Oluseyi. Everyone who has been around Gamedev for even a short period of time gets sick of seeing the topics "DirectX vs OpenGl" or "C++ vs C" or "How do I make a game?" Thats just stupid and annoying since they all get asked about five times a week. It seems like its more frequent lately too. That would mean that the people who ask those questions don''t have the smarts to scroll their browser window down and see the same thread that was just opened 15 minutes ago. Its just a little irritating to think that the people answering your rather stupid questions started out with very little help from anyone. I know when I started graphics programming 8 years ago there weren''t a third of the people that do it now. We all earned our stripes with a fraction of the resources that newbies today have, but we still get these questions. I mean, there are tutorial series out there that are easy to find that basically say, here''s how to make a game with xAPI. You newbies have to realize that graphics programming isn''t a quick fix even with the API''s we have now. If you don''t understand what''s going on behind the scenes you''ll never be able to innovate anything. That understanding takes time and a lot of work. Do your research and ask intelligible questions. Work through some problems on your own. It makes you look better and you won''t get yelled at.

"You are too useless. And now I must beat you." - English subtitle in a Honk Kong Movie.
Sorry guys, I''m not trying to sound elitist. Its just that I think a lot of us are pissed because we worked hard, taught ourselves to program, and did a huge amount of research to get where we are. Its a lot more fulfilling of a hobby when you actually understand what you''re doing.

"You are too useless. And now I must beat you." - English subtitle in a Honk Kong Movie.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement