Gameinstitute.com

Started by
4 comments, last by NeXius 21 years, 6 months ago
Hey, I''m just wondering if anyone here has taken a course at Gameinstitute.com? I''d like to know how people feel about it... I''m considering taking the "Advanced 3D BSP, PVS and CSG Techniques" course.
MSN: stupidbackup@hotmail.com (not actual e-mail)ICQ: 26469254(my site)
Advertisement
I finished the Advanced BSP, CSG and PVS course a few weeks ago. It's excellent, and provides you with everything you'll need to know to create BSP trees (normal, solid and solid-leaf trees), how to determine PVS, and how to implement CSG in a game or map maker. I'm just finishing putting CSG functionality into my map maker at the moment, and it's really put the finishing touches to it. I can create literally any shape I want in my maps. Now all I have to do is code the PVS calculator. Should be fun...

EDIT: Make sure you're up on your 3D math before you do this course. It's a bit heavy technically, so you'll need to know stuff like dot product and cross product operations, vector math, all that kind of stuff inside out. You could always take GI's 3D Math course, if you need a refresher...

Movie Quote of the Week:

"You've been eating retard sandwiches again."
- Birdman, Beautiful Girls. Try http://uk.geocities.com/mentalmantle. Seriously. It's brilliant.
And I just completely redesigned it so it looks even better.
DarkVertex Beta 0.8 available soon!

[edited by - iNsAn1tY on October 1, 2002 5:32:29 AM]
My opinion is a recombination and regurgitation of the opinions of those around me. I bring nothing new to the table, and as such, can be safely ignored.[ Useful things - Firefox | GLee | Boost | DevIL ]
Anyone ever taken their C++ course?
Awesome, thanks for the info
MSN: stupidbackup@hotmail.com (not actual e-mail)ICQ: 26469254(my site)
yeah, i''m currently enrolled in the BSP course and it is REALLY REALLY a good course for sure
i recommend it to everybody
quote:Original post by NeXius
Hey, I'm just wondering if anyone here has taken a course at Gameinstitute.com? I'd like to know how people feel about it...

I'm considering taking the "Advanced 3D BSP, PVS and CSG Techniques" course.

If you got any other questions, send me an email - drew@gameinstitute.com

And you're looking at our #1 best-seller course there

Drew Sikora
A.K.A. Gaiiden

ICQ #: 70449988
AOLIM: DarkPylat

Blade Edge Software
Staff Member, GDNet
Public Relations, Game Institute

3-time Contributing author, Game Design Methods , Charles River Media
Online column - Design Corner at Pixelate

Unnoficial IGDA chat! [polaris.starchat.net -> #igda]
NJ IGDA Chapter - NJ developers unite!! [Chapter Home | Chapter Forum]

"Real programmers don't work from 9 to 5. If any real programmers are around at 9am it's because they were up all night."
-Anon.

"It's not the size of the source that matters, it's how you use it"
- Self

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement