Build, Expand, and Manage (Socially) Challenge is Now Live!

Started by
26 comments, last by Rutin 3 years, 9 months ago
Advertisement

Just an idea, add a link to the forum to the challenge page. It's a bit cumbersome trying to find back here. Previously the challenges were hidden in the new fangled groups, which are gone again ?

It's a tad confusing, innit?

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

@khawk Small question: the challenge page mentions a date and time for the deadline, but which time zone are we talking? ?

UpstreamCasualty said:

@khawk Small question: the challenge page mentions a date and time for the deadline, but which time zone are we talking? ?

Sorry for missing this question until now. You're right the challenge date needs to say the timezone!

In the challenge description we have:

The official Challenge period begins on May 4, 2020 and ends on July 3, 2020 at 11:59pm IDL.

IDL being International Date Line timezone.

Admin for GameDev.net.

As I'm seeing no other activity, here's a screenshot of the current state of my entry.

Administrate a space station, build it to advance. Over all that don't forget to keep your crew happy and interact with them properly.
Probably designed way too big, but something I was thinking of doing quite for a time.

Space Station Building

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Endurion said:

As I'm seeing no other activity, here's a screenshot of the current state of my entry.

Administrate a space station, build it to advance. Over all that don't forget to keep your crew happy and interact with them properly.
Probably designed way too big, but something I was thinking of doing quite for a time.

Space Station Building

Nice! I'm only at the block out stage right now myself.

Programmer and 3D Artist

I have a question about the challenge rules/constraints. Would an online-boardgame-simulation be eligible? My idea has a very simple gameplay for a computer game, because it is meant to work as a regular physical board game as well. In the game the players have to manage a wizards university, research magic, teach students and make money from working together on stuff. It's management, but pretty simple and without almst any “building”. It's social by nature, because it can only be played together (or with AI-players) and there is some interaction between the players. Could that qualify?

Here's my progress so far. Still early days and my first attempt at an isometric game.

r1ckparker said:

Here's my progress so far. Still early days and my first attempt at an isometric game.

Very nice start!

Programmer and 3D Artist

Oh come on, no new to cite as the next comment :P

Now that I get to the actual game play progress comes to a screeching halt. I hope I get a least a few minutes of game play in there before time's up!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement