Virtua Combat - Demo 2! Spectre remake - 3D tank battle game

Started by
6 comments, last by Qa303asmGuru 17 years, 3 months ago
Almost 22 months after the last demo, I'm once again proud to announce the next demo of my Spectre Clone, Virtua Combat!
Be sure to visit the Virtua Combat homepage.
Before downloading, please read this post! It may also be updated. Download here (5.9 MB)
  • To activate grenades (level 10+) , press the "1" key, and "Control" to fire them afterwards
  • I'm only looking for bugs in SP Challenger and the menu system only, so:
  • Any problems due to commands entered in the in-game console don't count
  • Infrequent math error causes strange things to happen if you are facing exactly north/south, start moving then turning
  • [added] Some enemy tanks are stuck on the edge of the maps.
System Requirments (known to work on):
  • Windows 2000/XP
  • Linux users: Earlier test seemed to work under Wine, not guaranteed yet.
  • OpenGL compatible video card - works on TNT2 and up
Screenshots:

[Edited by - matt_j on November 25, 2006 10:51:34 PM]
Advertisement
On level 6 the green squares looked like they were moving, and at the edge of the map I saw one of those odd-looking tanks (the ones that need 3 hits to kill) not moving, and wouldn't die or shoot.

Pretty great feel to the game, and looks very professional. I especially like the demo camera and the horizon effect.
Good game! Almost exactly like the old spectre :)

A few comments:

It's Balance not Balence (misspelling)

I'm not sure how the physics should work but sometimes I pass near an obstacle, and I get stuck, only way to move is to back out or turn and move. It's not the lack of movement issue, it's when I get stuck, I thought I'd have some room between my tank and the obstacle, but get stuck unexpectedly. Not sure if it's the original game's way. Too long ago for me to remember :)
Just played your game, it brings back all the memories of playing Spectre on a mac.

Anyway there is a bug with the menu. I took a screenshot:
Screenshot of menu
All the menu screens have messed up text like that making it hard to start a game or do anything. Once I start a game the game itself runs fine.

It is running on Vista RTM. My video card is a 7900GTX GO.
Any chance for a MAC remake?
I loved that game! You really captured the feel, congratulations.
--m_nPostCount++
Since Mac's are now running Intel processors with a Unix base operating system, it will be easier to port to a Mac...
Cool game. Love the explosions. Yet another game that proves that you don't need super awesome graphics to make a fun game.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement