Build Engine tutorials?

Started by
8 comments, last by Green_Baron 3 years, 11 months ago

Hello!

I know the engine is out of date. But Ion Fury is pretty fun!!!

So I want try make a game of this. But I cant find tutorials or such things how make a game in Build engine.

Thanks.

None

Advertisement

Just saying, one could do a retro game with an up to date engine, too. They all (i think) have their totorials and communities to contact in case of difficulties …

@mangamango Google “Build engine mapping tutorial” and get hit by tons of mapping videos.

A curious boy

Levelworm said:

@mangamango Google “Build engine mapping tutorial” and get hit by tons of mapping videos.

Mapping is not I looking for. This is only for building maps. I am more looking is : How create a build-engined game.

Maybe is better a modern 90s engine: Quake or quake 2?

None

As you seem to need a tutorial, find out if such a thing exists before picking a game?

I am trying a de-make of an walking simulator like Layers of Fear.
I wanted try this in Build or Quake engine.

I know its maybe crazy idea.

PS: sorry for my english, because I am better in Deutsch :-)

None

It is not a crazy idea. That game you mention looks like a first person 3D game where the player walks around, exploring.

Any modern engine can do that and more, but it looks like you need to understand a few basics first.

I suggest the Unity or Godot engine and play through their extensive learning material and tutorials, step by step. They have examples, if not templates for such a style of gameplay.

But befor you implement, learn how to operate such an environment, a little linear algebra will help, some scripting/programming too. And be clear about what you plan to do.

You'll discover :-)

Thanks

None

Here's an arbitrary example of a tutorial to make a 3D fps (Godot in this case). It shows the principles, and they are not fundamentally different from other engines.

I would assume that if you read it now, much sounds like “bohemian villages”, but no worries, there is a learning curve attached to game programming and everyone must go though it :-)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement