I spent 1000 Euros on marketing and got 77 Twitter Followers

Started by
7 comments, last by XsollaCommunity 3 years, 6 months ago

Hi.

I have spent 350 Euros per month for 3 months on marketing and the company I hired basically posted my images and videos with some text on Twitter and Facebook. They also interacted with other posts saying stuff like “looks awesome” and “really cool”.

I got 77 new Twitter followers, 95% of which are just other game developers. Needless to say, I didn't make a single Euro from this.

They are telling me this is good because I need followers so it looks like I already have a lot of followers.

I feel like this strategy isn't very effective. What do you think?

Advertisement

Whether it was effective or not may take time to determine. I don't like that “looks awesome” “really cool” posting thing - we get a lot of that on our forums here. At least they didn't post a “Hey check out this awesome app I found” post anywhere.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Tom Sloper said:

I don't like that “looks awesome” “really cool” posting thing - we get a lot of that on our forums here.

They are replying to tweets of other devs, telling them that their content looks awesome. Generally not a bad thing but I would expect a bit more for the money.

Yes, I roll my eyes. :rolleyes:

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Yeah, it's probably not the best thing. At least they seem to tailor it to the tweet they are replying to.

Tom Sloper said:
I don't like that “looks awesome” “really cool” posting thing - we get a lot of that on our forums here.

I do that on forums with some regularity, the “Hey nice X, I like the way it Ys” or similar, not with any hidden agenda as I don't have anything to sell - just to pay a compliment if something catches my eye. It's not all bots or advertisers.

Beosar said:

I feel like this strategy isn't very effective. What do you think?

I have the feeling that your measures are not enough or still too incomplete. I recently had an interesting article about the involvement of influencers in marketing strategy. Maybe this will help you:

https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/SimonCarless/20200923/370691/How_to_get_nearly_250k_Steam_wishlists_The_Riftbreaker_way.php

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement