Beginner Artist looking for Experience

Started by
13 comments, last by Lazy Fangs 2 years, 10 months ago

Hi everyone!

My name is Demir and I'm currently studying illustration at my university, and I want to go into illustration as a full time career because it is currently my biggest passion. I am a neurodivergent person working at home while practising my style and developing my skills. Art is definitely a passion for me and I want to take it to the next level and really start earning my dues when it comes to my artwork.

I've done commissions for years, I draw confidently for anthromorphic characters, humanoid characters, animals / feral characters and more! I want to aim to create an appropriate porfolio for myself and begin starting my illustration career. I would love to work on a passion project for revenue as well as exposure to give myself experience! My prime goal is to be a twitch emote artist, or perhaps a concept artist (?)

I've worked on forum sites, I've also done an emote commission for a streamer (six_cyx), as well as a lot of other commissions if anyone would like more examples! I'm active a lot due to lockdown (and my panic disorder) so I am available most fo the time, apart from when my third year of university starts (in September!)

Examples of my artwork (please right click to see the full image!)

Advertisement

Hey there!
So, could you specify what exactly are you looking for?
A paid work, potential rev-share collab?
Are you OK with doing 18+ drawings?

@undefined hi!! i'm just looking for cutesy, anime/type projects to collab on! preferrably paid or just something i can sink my teeth into & have experience from! anything where there's a person or two that can teach me the ropes of getting into game development as a career. & i do sfw only!

Hmmm, ok, interesting.

So, I am a programmer/ writer. AND! I am looking for an artist for a clicker, or a visual novel, or really anything, as long as the game is 2D and not online then I can make it xD BUT I am looking for someone to work with on 18+ game. I mean, that is my preference anyway,

Eh, I feel like Im writing nonsense, sorry, so -

I would honestly take any “job” right now, as I would really just like to make some projects that could be published or used in a portfolio, even SFW, small scale, whatever genre game.
So, if in any case you have an idea for a game and you don´t mind that Im not able to pay you, then I would gladly work with you on something as programmer/writer.

EDIT: If you want to see an example of a Visual Novel (Proof of concept demo more than a game, really) I made then I can send you a link to the file on my Google Drive.

CyborgCat454 said:
A paid work, potential rev-share collab?

You never have to ask if posts here are for pay. Paid recruiting is not permitted here, so it's definitely a not-for-pay-now gig.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

I think that you should try to search for unusual projects and try to participate in them to get a portfolio

None

Your work is really nice. We have an artist for our current project, but we'll keep you in mind for the next project.

I'm looking for someone to help me with a detective game in the style of Phoenix Wright. I need some help getting art for my main characters. Would that be something you're interested in?

Your art is impressive and I want to see your career start up. I would start practicing Backgrounds like buildings and stuff if you want to broaden your horizons.

None

@edward94 thank you for the feedback !

@taby thank you so much!!!

@theblackmagicwolf that sounds interesting i'll think about it!!

@undefined thank you for the feedback!! thats a great idea !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement