I want to find a team that accepts new interns

Started by
7 comments, last by GeneralJist 1 year, 7 months ago

I am 20 years old. I am studying software engineering in a university. I live in Shandong Province, which is a certain distance from Beijing and Shanghai. I am mainly good at software skills. Of course, I learned Unreal and Unity by myself. I can make some simple games independently, but what I need is further knowledge. I am eager to find a team to accept me, because the strength of one person is too small, I'm really bad at audio and art. I don't want to find a job right now, but also want to find a group of like-minded friends or join a less commercial team. Just because I can't find a community in China, I basically can't meet friends who can design games together. I want to constantly improve my ability to enrich my portfolio, and have a good resume to support me to go abroad to join some game studios when I get employed .The courses in Chinese universities are very loose and rigid, so I spent most of my time self-study on game design, engine use, and recently I began to read some books on computer graphics.I am interested in developing any type of game, and I accept any platform other than mobile games.

None

Advertisement

I'm from China, so I can't do offline work, but I have plenty of online time. You don't have to worry about jet lag. I'm basically online all day, and I'll respond to messages as soon as I see them

None

chengyiming1217 said:

I'm from China, so I can't do offline work, but I have plenty of online time. You don't have to worry about jet lag. I'm basically online all day, and I'll respond to messages as soon as I see them

You might want to put an availability window so people can do time zone conversions for your typical hours of when your awake and available to collaborate.

Also it seems your English is good, how would you rate your written and spoken English?

Our company homepage:

https://honorgames.co/

My New Book!:

https://booklocker.com/books/13011.html

chengyiming1217 said:
I want to find a team that accepts new interns

The term “intern” doesn't really apply in hobby teams. You want to help out a little and learn.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

@Tom Sloper So how should I describe my current situation

None

@GeneralJist Yes, but I don't know what foreign developers usually use to communicate. In China, I usually use WeChat or QQ groups to communicate in real time. My English level is limited to work communication. My spoken English is average, but my reading speed is OK, but sentences in some professional literature will still be difficult. Written language is like this, which is my current level, I will take the professional English test when I am a junior or a senior in college. I also want to ask whether foreign studios clearly need certificates related to English, such as professional English, TOEFL and IELTS. I also want to ask whether studios pay more attention to academic qualifications?

None

Tom Sloper said:
The term “intern” doesn't really apply in hobby teams. You want to help out a little and learn.

chengyiming1217 said:
So how should I describe my current situation

You want to join a hobby team. You want to help and learn.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

chengyiming1217 said:
Yes, but I don't know what foreign developers usually use to communicate.

Depending on how professional they are, it will vary.

It usually ranges from slack to discord to zoom.

chengyiming1217 said:
. I also want to ask whether foreign studios clearly need certificates related to English, such as professional English, TOEFL and IELTS. I also want to ask whether studios pay more attention to academic qualifications?

I have never heard of companies requiring English certifications just to get a job. But if your unable to communicate in the company's main language, you won't last long.

TOFL is more of a citizenship thing.

AS for what studios pay attention to. it varies of course, but experience is usually prioritized.

No one is impressed if you say you took a class on the subject.

We care about application of knowledge, not just the study of the subject.

Our company homepage:

https://honorgames.co/

My New Book!:

https://booklocker.com/books/13011.html

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement