C++ Help

Started by
1 comment, last by ehsen 20 years, 7 months ago
I am a vb programer now i have decided to learn c++ because vb is limited i can not do anything in it which i think. I love Artificial Intelligence and Robotics both of these require a solid language. First of all tell me about some good books of C++. which teach c++ in an interesting manner ( i have "Obeject Oriented Programing in C++" it is the most boring book i have ever read) Second tell me which compiler should i use i have VS 6.0, Vs 7.0 and perhaps Borland C++ builder which is good. In Visual Studio can we create software interface in a gui envoirenment i mean drag and drop objects or all things done programatically like define every object in C++ editor.
Ehsen
Advertisement
I dont know of any books but i can help with the compiler.

Since you have been using VB, i assume u are familiar with VS and so it makes sense to stick with VS7.

Yes you can create software interfaces in a gui environment.
quote:Original post by ehsen
First of all tell me about some good books on c++, which teach c++ in an interesting manner

Accelerated C++ is an excellent and interesting book, it is different from other C++ books in that it teaches you how to use the standard library right away and it doesn''t teach the low-level workings of the language until later in the book. This allows the reader to write useful programs immediately.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement