🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

WiiSticks [wii remote + phyiscs]

Started by
15 comments, last by joelmartinez 17 years, 5 months ago
WiiSticks is my first attempt at using a Nintendo Wii remote as an input device for a physics application. It is a virtual version of a simplpe physics toy, where the player holds 2 sticks (grey), and uses them to flip and spin around a 3rd stick (blue). click for larger images. This is much better explained in video... Google Video
">YouTube Video
Direct Download - 13MB .WMV video [Edited by - walaber on January 1, 2007 4:12:23 AM]
Advertisement
Very neat!
Relly nice and smooth physics. Congratulations!
-----------------------------------"After you finish the first 90% of a project, you have to finish the other 90%." - Michael Abrashstickman.hu <=my game (please tell me your opinion about it)
That is very very cool! How did you connect the Wii controllers to your computer?
The controllers use Bluetooth to connect to a PC.

On a side note, Walabar's work with the Wii-Motes has prompted me to add support for the device in a coming OIS release :-)
almost ready to release a demo. I will do a bit more testing and tweaking first though.... in the meantime here are some screenshots of the new version :)

new features
* allows using 1 remote + nunchuck OR 2 remotes, either.
* several different "sticks" to fling around... some rigid, some "floppy".
* adjustable gravity
* improved graphics :)
* entire program controlled by the wii remote

That looks awesome man.
TKE Super Dave
It is so extremly cool... you should post it in "image of the day"
-----------------------------------"After you finish the first 90% of a project, you have to finish the other 90%." - Michael Abrashstickman.hu <=my game (please tell me your opinion about it)
I will post there once the first version is released.

for anyone that is interested in getting a bluetooth adaptor for your PC, check this out:

LINK

US$8.00 with free shipping!!! I ordered mine on a Sunday, and it arrived on Thursday. Works perfectly with the Wii remote.

[Edited by - walaber on January 2, 2007 11:47:49 PM]
BETA RELEASE

a beta version is up on my website for those with the equipment to run the program... I'd love any feedback I can get... the responsiveness of the controls can still be improved, but in low-gravity mode, it's actually quite playable!

DOWNLOAD LINK

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement