🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Game Designer With Mad Art Skills

Started by
6 comments, last by nsmadsen 16 years, 1 month ago
Team name: Team name not decided, not important yet. Project name: Goes by the name Knights Vs. Orcs - not a final name. Brief description: I'v been doing the game logic itself for a few months, spent 6 months making the engine behind it. I want to keep the first version of the game as simple as possible, so that we are able to make it ready. That is why the following game design decisions were made. The basic game design is this : - 800x600 map (screen size). - 3 unit types per side (footmen, archer, special) - Both sides have captains (player is one of them). Captains have experience, levels, skills (RPG elements). I need a game designer with art skills as I don't have enough time to do either of these things by myself properly. Target aim: Shareware I offer: - Percentage of the games income when it is ready. - The game is ready when it is ready attitude - creating high quality is a value in this project. - Cross-platform game project (currently for Windows and Mac). - Item to your portfolio. Technology: Cross-platform, currently for Windows and Mac. Done with completely free tools. Underlying engine is self made, though we might need to invest in to sound / music library. Requirements: - Passion for making games - Ready to do shit loads of testing - Ready to make this game rock. Keep the design simple, clear and stylish - unique. - You can do 2D art, not required to do character animations or that kind of stuff. I expect you to at least know how to do cool looking UI graphics. Team structure: Everybody does the best they can and help each other. :) Website: No website yet. Contacts: If you feel being extremely talented game designer with mad art skills send your application to : arto.ruotsalainen@gmail.com Screenshot of testing some environment objects :
Sincerely,Arto RuotsalainenDawn Bringer 3D - Tips & Tricks
Advertisement
Quote:
Screenshot of testing some environment objects :

There is something fishy going on here. Why does this screen shot match up exactly with this other project's screen shot? Care to explain?

Nathan

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Wow, if you keep clicking on the link, it's like the never ending story :p
PresidentNemesis Studios Entertainment, LLC.www.nemesisstudios.comwww.goonworld.com
Seems like this one was posted by the programmer of the game and the other one by the designer.
From the other topic.
Team structure:
Programmer: Arto Ruotsalainen. Professional Programmer / Project Manager. http://www.dawnbringer3d.com
Designer: Pin Wang.

From this topic.

Contacts:

If you feel being extremely talented game designer with mad art skills send your application to : arto.ruotsalainen@gmail.com

Both have the name arto so I guess he is reposting it?
lol. wow, did they know they were both posting about the same project? If this is true, I think I'm gonna put in about helping out with the 2D animation and spriting.
I am the president and project lead for the unofficial group called DeisGames. Within the next 2 years, I am hoping to be a legal business. For now, I am just acting as the leader of a group for organizational purposes.
Obviously, the creator of this thread found a designer who was not a mad talented artist, and charged the designer with finding an artist.

Moderator, please lock this thread, the position has been filled.
Closed per request and because double posting is against the forum's rules.

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement