🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Where do you promote your projects?

Started by
1 comment, last by PolyVox 16 years ago
Hi Guys, I was wondering if anyone knows of good places to promote your game projects, in order to get them noticed by the wider community and potential employers. My engine is not really ready for use yet, but it's still nice to get feedback and support. In it's current state it's only useful to programmers, but this will change as it develops. I have posted on:
  1. Our very own GameDev Image of the Day
  2. Forums for Ogre and Bullet as I use these.
What other sites do you guys use? Are there any places which potential employers and HR people look for interesting new projects? Any other tips you have for getting noticed?
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by PolyVox
What other sites do you guys use? Are there any places which potential employers and HR people look for interesting new projects? Any other tips you have for getting noticed?

It's all about advertising. Usenet, IRC, sourceforge, blogs, linux distribution forums, even facebook. You can even pay for ads on corresponding websites. Also make sure to apply SEO to your website, to be found more easily.

Potential employers and HR people don't look for projects, they have projects and look for people to implement them. The people who are looking for projects are venture capitalists (and other kinds of investment funds), and you should go after them by setting up a company, a serious business plan, and then meeting them wearing your best suit and tie, not by posting things online.
Quote: Original post by ToohrVykIt's all about advertising. Usenet, IRC, sourceforge, blogs, linux distribution forums, even facebook. You can even pay for ads on corresponding websites. Also make sure to apply SEO to your website, to be found more easily.

Good point about the SEO - I've done some basic stuff with tools provided by Joomla/my hosting provider but I have more to do here.

Quote: Original post by ToohrVykPotential employers and HR people don't look for projects, they have projects and look for people to implement them. The people who are looking for projects are venture capitalists (and other kinds of investment funds), and you should go after them by setting up a company, a serious business plan, and then meeting them wearing your best suit and tie, not by posting things online.

Sure, I don't expect any company to buy up my project, but I have been approached by companies interested in hiring me to develop something similar. This is the kind of thing I want to encourage.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement