🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Second Threat (Online FPS) Needs Source Programmers!

Started by
29 comments, last by Chwaga 15 years, 10 months ago
Project Name: Second Threat Brief Description: It is the year 2053. The two super powers of the world, America and China, are at world war. The planet has been divided once again into two factions, and the world is in mass turmoil. It comes to the world's attention that there is a massive meteorite containing unknown elements that is projected to impact in Congo. The Chinese faction speculates the possibility of these unknown elements to be able to be used for the development of more powerful weapons. They rushed to the area around the projected site and secure it. The American faction realizes their intention, and so rushes to control the area. The two factions meet and clash in a massive battle, when suddenly the sky glows red. The warring troops stop their fighting to stare at the beautiful spectacle of a massive meteorite falling from the sky. Large chunks of the meteorite begin breaking off and crashing all around the battle, and the fight resumes. When the meteorite finally hits the ground with a massive tremor, the troop's orders are to reach the landing site and secure it. The two factions drive toward it, battling each other on the way. When they finally reach the crater, they fight over the control of it. Suddenly a horrible, inhuman, screeching sound fills the air, and combat once again stops. Instantly, massive amounts of creatures begin swarming out of the crater. There are aliens of many varieties, all savage and vicious, attacking their victims. As the battle continues, all hell breaks loose. Suddenly it is a 3 way battle between the warring human factions, and an unexpected second threat: aliens. This is an 3D Online FPS game made as a Source total conversion mod that has been in development for over 8 months now. It focuses on new, revolutionary 3-way combat. Player vs Player vs NPC. This new method of gameplay brings a barrage of new exciting possibilities in gaming. We also have planned a revolutionary new sound system for gaming (which I can't disclose until you join the team). Team Name: Ploronex Entertainment Target Aim: A total conversion mod for the Orange Box Source Engine Compensation: The experience of collaborating in a large team and making a great game Technology: 3ds Max, Blender, Zbrush, Source Engine, Hammer Talent Needed: We need primarily a highly experience source programmer, but also a texture artist Team Structure: We currently have a team composed of nine members: Andrew Yoon - Modeler/Character Artist Aristo Wibowanto - Modeler Darknoodles - Modeler Tanner - Webmaster Valdir Salgueiro - Programmer (a one man turbo team) Macarraum - Programmer Trevor Lentz - Music Composer (see his works here Nick Tenhue - Modeler/Texture Artist Anytharas - Concept Artist Website: Our website can be found at http://gp.leveldesign.com.br/news/ Contacts: You can contact me by email at chwaga[at]gmail[dot]com, or by our forum at the website (linked to above). Additional Info: The game has a unique plot involving player on player on NPC action. This brings out new forms of gameplay never seen before in an online game. There's a sample of the music our composer is working on for us here. We have a large library of over 70 props all made by our modelers: (yes, these are out of scale, most of these are untextured) And an alien I've been working on recently for the game (to give you an idea of what kind of graphics this game will have), these may (likely) be replaced in the future: A close-up of the head: And a close-up of the mouth And lastly, a detail picture: Another alien: The game is over 8 months into development (though we recently made the decision to switch to Source and make it as a mod, bringing us back and forward a bit). Feedback: MUST BE SHINY [Edited by - Chwaga on November 13, 2008 2:09:20 PM]
Advertisement
I'm wondering if you could tell me about your team's previous experience. Also, the Media section for your website doesn't work for me. Is this a bug or have you not updated that part?

Do you have any pictures of what the game looks like?
Our team as a team has had no previous experiences, but our programmer programs for a living, and the modellers and such all have years of experience. The media center is down for now, as the site is relatively new. Here's a quick preview of the grenade system we're implementing.
OK, we've had requests to join from a Level Designer, but we REALLY need a texture artist! In the past 2 days I've pumped out 22 prop models, all of which desperately need a good texture job!
Hey!

I'm the webmaster for the project, and yes, I know the media section is not working right now. Currently, we are working on getting a human body model in-game, and then we will start posting in-game shots. Right now, I'm pushing to get renders of the models we have.

Chwaga is right in saying that we are in DESPERATE need for texture artists. He is pushing out many models (~20 today alone), and yet we have no one who can texture them very well. If you have any talent in this area, feel free to contact us through the contact form on the website, or email me (my email can be found by clicking my name on the contact form).

Thanks for everyone who is taking interest in this project!

FlyingIsFun1217
huh....34 props and counting.....all needing textures.....WE NEED A TEXTURE ARTIST!!!!
Make that 48 :)
ehh...61, anyway, these DESPERATELY need texturing!!!! PLEASE answer our call for help :)
May I add that we are in desperate need of a Model Skinner/Texture Artist!
When you say props do what do you mean? If it's very very basic stuff I think it would be quite easy for any modelers to look up a tutorial and do it themselves. :D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement