Staller gameplay idea

Started by
1 comment, last by Scouting Ninja 6 years ago

This idea comes from the concept of making a game that specifically, fills the time of a person in travel when the person might not enjoy the adrenaline factor that accompanies many games.  I couldn't come up with anything so I thought about the general vibe I wanted and an action people did in general that emulated that. I found that it mostly happened, amongst other places no doubt, when people go through their messages panel on their devices; a plane traveler/businessperson perfectly calm for a minute eliminating messages, that moment extended. It's a kind of process of elimination. I don't know if this idea is common knowledge but I couldn't find anything and I'd love to see games based on this. 

Advertisement
1 hour ago, Monty Kiani said:

I don't know if this idea is common knowledge but I couldn't find anything and I'd love to see games based on this. 

Yes it is common knowledge. Farming games are build on this concept and enforced with rewards. Stardew valley and Harvest Moon are the games you want to look into.

Now you don't have to make it farming or anything like that. Instead you could have messages slide in and the player has to judge it and maybe sort it into the right bin or check it for some reason. Animation is important, there should be only one thing to focus on or the mind starts slowing down time.

Basically it's busy work. Something easy to do but mildly distracting. be warned that a lot of this stuff is Skinner Box, so don't push it too much. Always remember to give players a clear out.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement