Little Help for an AI/Bot for a game

Started by
6 comments, last by 1024 4 years, 8 months ago

Hi guys, it's been some weeks since i started to think to create an AI for a mobile game that i play, which can be played on PC as well so that i can use softwares

The problem is that i'm not really into "AI stuff" so i really don't know where to start, or how can my AI do what i want it to do.

In this first post i just want some tips about something my AI should do.

I'm not going to tell you all the game, because i prefer not to, and i think is not necessary either.

Ok so, one of the things my AI should do is this:

Recognise the map, the border of the map (basically the area where i can tap), it should recognise all the defenses in the map (which you can see, because you see the whole area from above),

Just this for now, i don't really know how the AI can recognise all the different defenses in the area just by seeing them, and it need to be a precise thing, we are talking about millimiters.

Maybe the AI can recreate the map in its software, but i don't know if im saying something right, so i'm just gonna leave this to you, hopefully someome will clarify thing to me.

Thanks.

Edit: just thought about the fact that i could even recreate the map by hand, with an ipotetic software with all the defenses and stats

Advertisement

If you aren't really into this "AI stuff" then this project is far too complex for you to start with... and not just because of the AI part. The harder part here is doing things like image recognition to recognize the map and the units, understand the board, process the spatial aspects, etc. And, from the sounds of it, you don't even know how to program and execute a simple AI decision even if you had all that information already. That last part should be your starting spot... not the ending one.

Best bet is to learn how to do simple things like doing the AI for Tic-tac-toe or other simple board games where the information about the game state is already right there in front of you in game data. Once you have done that a few times, then getting into the advanced stuff of doing image recognition, etc. you might be able to tackle.

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC
Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-founder and 10 year advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI
Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

Thanks for replaying, imma follow your tip.

I beleave if for recognition of the areas of the map influence maps are the kind of algorithms you're looking for based on the information you gave.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/ai-influence-maps.145368/

Um... no. If he can't even do image processing to determine what the map is, influence maps aren't going to help him at all. (And I've written articles and GDC lectures on influence maps and use them in my consulting work on AAA games... so I've kind of been there.)

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC
Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-founder and 10 year advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI
Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

Not really sure why the other devs are talking about image processing or influence maps - seems like overkill for what OP wants to do.

He can just query for game objects within the AI's line of sight and then determine the types of defense mechanisms from that.

But I agree with @IADaveMark OP is not well-versed enough to write this type of, albeit simple, AI.

All good.

On 8/20/2019 at 8:08 PM, Lucrecious said:

Not really sure why the other devs are talking about image processing or influence maps - seems like overkill for what OP wants to do.

Because that's what OP said:

On 7/20/2019 at 6:04 PM, Jackrin said:

Hi guys, it's been some weeks since i started to think to create an AI for a mobile game that i play, which can be played on PC as well so that i can use softwares

And then the talk about recognizing the map and stuff. It should be pretty clear that it's not an AI for their game, but a "cheat/trainer/autoclicker" software for a third party game.

Of course, image recognition is still the overkill approach, since the game can be played on a PC, reading of process memory should be the "easier less hard" approach. But still too complicated for someone who might not even be a programmer.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement