Single-Player, Open-World Fantasy RPG: Looking for C++ Programmers and Game Designers

Started by
5 comments, last by EpochGames 4 years, 5 months ago

About Us

My name is Matt, and I'm a Co-Founder of Epoch Games. Epoch Games is a global, fully-online volunteer team developing The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order (LoA:SO), a single player, open-world, original low-fantasy RPG being developed in Unreal Engine for the PC. Currently, at the posting of this thread, there are 34 members on our development team. We are near to completing our first Demo.

At this time, we are particularly looking for C++ Game Programmers (previous Unreal Engine development experience is required, and AI experience is a plus) and Game Designers (Unreal Engine Blueprint Scripting). See below for more details.

The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order

LoA:SO, as mentioned, is a single player, open world RPG being developed for Unreal Engine 4. Althas is the name of the low-fantasy fictional continent that the game will take place on.

Ever since it's early history, Althas has been a land shaken by conflicts. In the early days, these conflicts pitted the Anointed Kingdoms of Men against dark and demonic forces that threatened them. However, with the passage of time, the world has changed: the Anointed order is eroding away and new powers are rising. Another war looms on the horizon, a war of personal and political motivation. Thenodar, a burgeoning new kingdom in the North, and Anorthile, one of the last of the three remaining Anointed Kingdoms, now prepare for a war that will shake all of Althas. Old demons and new enemies gather in the shadows of both lands as each sets their sights on the ruined wilderness known as The Feralands.

For more information about The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order, please check out our IndieDb page. You can also visit our website at http://www.epochgames.co.uk

Open Positions

Please see the Jobs page for open positions on our team.

Keep in mind that, at this time, we are still a completely volunteer development team. Likewise, all of our open positions are volunteer and we cannot offer any monetary compensation. A Revenue Share plan is in place for when funds are received.

Application Process

If you're interested in joining our team, you can either post with you interest here, apply via the Job Ads on our website or you can send me an email with a portfolio of your work, resume and Skype ID you can be reached at to pr@epochgames.co.uk. If you look to have the skills we are looking for, the next step will be to arrange a Skype interview, and we'll play things out from there.

If you have any questions in regards to our game or the available positions, please post here!

- Matt N, Co-Founder of Epoch Games

Advertisement

Unfortunately, images do not seem to stay up in the OP or this post.

All I can do is recommend that you check out articles, images and videos of The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order on our IndieDb Page.

Will it be an open-source and/or free game? If you want to find a programmer with experience willing to work for free it better should be. No one with at least some experience will help you make money with a game if you don't pay them or at least offer a revenue share, though the latter would be very small given the team size.

I wish you the best of luck, you will need it...

The Lays of Althas: Sundered Order will not be a free game, no. We have a Revenue Share system in place for once funds come in. We are only a Volunteer Development Team for the time being.

We currently have 3 Game Designers and 4 Programmers on our team right now. Our current AI Programmer is leaving our team due to personal issues, so finding a new AI Programmer is a top priority for us. We are of course open to Programmers without AI experience joining joining as well, so long as they meet our requirements.

I take it you aren't interest @Beosar?

I take it you aren't interest @Beosar ?

I would be willing to work for money but I "only" know how to write a game from scratch with C++ and Direct3D and have no experience with Unreal Engine (though I learn pretty fast). I can't work for free because I have to work on my own project, which already is a playable game, or on paid jobs to make some money to pay for rent, food, etc. - and invest any money left into my game.

Understand completely @Beosar. Didn't think it hurt to ask.

Anyways, we are getting several C++ applicants as it is, so our recruitment isn't going too bad right now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement