Displaying IntelliSense in Visual Studio 2017

Started by
3 comments, last by Shaarigan 4 years, 3 months ago

Hey guys!

I don't know why but for some reason my autocomplete doesn't work when I'm pressing on CTRL + Space on my VS17.

This only happens when I'm working with Unreal engine staff.

When I'm programming other things which is not related to Unreal, the autocomplete is working (On CPP, of course).

I've tried to go to Tools → options → C/C++ →Statement completion. Everything was already set.

PLEASE HELP!

Advertisement

LiorShor said:
This only happens when I'm working with Unreal engine staff.

Unreals Codebase is hella huge. That puts a giant strain on the Intellisense-Compiler, to a point where it will easily break down.

There's lots of discussions and possible solutions around the web, like https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/c-gameplay-programming/65252-for-those-who-suffer-from-visual-studio-intellisense-slowness

Some things that I would suggest:

• Place both your project and unreals installiation onto an SSD
  • Trigger an Intellisense-operation (like the one you mentioned) and give it a lot of time to try to complete (could take 5 minutes on startup)

@Juliean

I've notice that a message has appeared on the bottom of the screen:

IntelliSense:'No additional information available' (See ‘Troubleshooting IntelliSense in C++ Projects’ for further help.)

Unreal as far as I know has an own intellisence handling/ compiler so maybe your question is better to be asked in the Unreal forums

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement