How would you implement a corona spell/condition?

Started by
3 comments, last by suliman 4 years, 1 month ago

I made a half jokingly addition to my game in the form of a spell called “Corona Touch”.

It basically makes a close enemy sick in Corona, if he is near other enemies they get the virus as well. If they had the virus before, then they won't get it again.

I didn't make the virus kill them, just give them debuffs.

How would you integrate corona in your game?

p.s. Given that many other viruses and diseases were added to games, do you think it's appropriate to add corona to your game? Would it throw players out of the old fantasy immersion because it's relatively a new virus?

Advertisement

Zurtan said:
Given that many other viruses and diseases were added to games, do you think it's appropriate to add corona to your game?

No. You can make up a pandemic name for your game.

Zurtan said:
Would it throw players out of the old fantasy immersion because it's relatively a new virus?

Of course.

When you make up your own pandemic, you get to decide what its symptoms and treatments are. You are not bound by science, which is still catching up to the current virus.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

@Tom Sloper Yea, though many other viruses were poorly represented with games. I guess since they were old epidemics, most people don't know what they were like exactly. Although some of them were coming back due to anti vexation.

It seems odd to me to add corona virus to a medieval rpg, and the “joke” isn't very good anyway.

Using a homemade desease gives more flexibility, or using something more time-suitable (like black plague) would fit the theme better.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement