TRPG - Looking for a Team Member (3D Artist)

Started by
0 comments, last by ParallelPancakes 4 years, 2 months ago

Hey,

I'm part of a 2-man hobbyist development team. We're working on a 3D TRPG that is, of course, inspired by games such as Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre. We have spent less than three weeks in development of this project, so any screenshots are WIP and filled with placeholder art since we're both programmers.

The Game: I'll keep my explanation simple so I don't flood this post with a dozen pages of design. We're not using a map system like FFT does, so the player is free to walk around the world and encounter enemies. Bumping into them will, like most RPG's, begin the battle. However, we are designing the system to create the battles within the over world. So there is no ‘battle area’ for combat, the player can merely draw his weapon and he and his allies will begin their fight right where they are standing. Combat uses a grid where each individual unit makes their turn.

The Story: We plan on creating a story line and building an engaging world filled with a rich lore. However, we want to build up the world and establish a setting before we begin writing the story or designing characters.

Where We Are: At the moment we are still building core features of the game world. We do have the bare bones of a functional battle system already established. There has been a large focus on building the grid and combat system up as it is the main focus of early game play. Movement, elevation checks, AI, basic combat skills, and targeting are all working great. While you can manually control units in our current project, it's more fun to watch the AI fight to the death for the sake of testing.

What We Need: While we would eventually need multiple roles filled, our immediate need is a 3D artist. If you have any experience with 3D modeling and this sounds like a game you would like to see exist, we would love to welcome you as a team member. Even if you're unsure about your art skills, we'd still like to hear from you!

We're both working on this game as a passion project as it is something we have wanted to create for years, as we're both huge fans of FFT and a bunch of other similar games.

And an extra gif: https://i.gyazo.com/7d30943bde1c304a360747bd250fb66b.mp4

Contact Me: You can reach me through any of the following.

Discord: Zeke#6537

Email: parallelpancakes@gmail.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ParallelPancake

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement