Seeking help to solve problem from Unity dev experienced with Photon Multiplayer

Started by
1 comment, last by hplus0603 4 years ago

Hi all,

I've been programming my RTS game for 2 months now - I've got the core mechanics down and I'm setting up the Photon multiplayer but I've run into a problem I can't solve. And it's the last problem to solve before I can playtest the prototype to validate whether it could be an idea to pursue further.

Essentially, once the multiplayer game starts, both players are initialised with their own player object and scripts. I've set it up so each player has an instance of the script with a boolean saying whether they control it or not.

But when I playtest, both players can select and control all the units in the scene.

It's a problem that I'm sure won't be hard to solve for an experienced Photon dev.

If that's you, I'd love your help! If it takes a non-trivial amount of time to solve I can pay as well.

My discord handle is Joj #8073. Thanks

Advertisement

It sounds to me as if your problem is in the UI and application logic, not in the networking.

Why does your UI let the user select a unit that doesn't belong to the player?

Why does the remote end accept a packet that says that a user selected a unit that doesn't belong to them?

enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement