Seeking 2D Artist/Designer for Collaboration on Project

Started by
0 comments, last by Ben Arceneaux 3 years, 11 months ago

What is this?

Hi, my name's Ben and I'm a software developer by trade though I studied game design and development in college. I've been tutoring Computer Science online during the craziness that's been going on but I've also been working on a project pretty regularly.

I have written and created a nearly fully functioning game in Unity and now I need to find an artist willing to accept a percentage of profit from the market release once the game is complete. As I mentioned, I've already written 80% of the code. There's still a good bit of UI to implement but the rest is there. I guess I want potential collaborators to know that this project WILL be released one way or another, preferably with some decent art assets!

What's expected of me?

So, I think this might entice some people, may push others away: I haven't fleshed out the theme or design aesthetic yet. There's no story to be had except for a simple explanation I've been kicking around in my head. I'm fully open to collaborating and coming up with something really cool to fit the mechanics of the game. To be honest, most of what's left is what many consider the “fun” part of game design such as world building, character designs, art style, etc.

Let's just put the expectations in a list:

• Assist with UI Design
  • Provide UI art assets
  • Assist with Character/World Design
  • Provide Character/World art assets
  • Be open minded and creative

What Else?

That's about the gist of it. I know I've been sparse with the details of the game's mechanics but some things I wish to keep quiet. I don't ACTUALLY expect someone to steal a concept but you just simply never know what can happen. I'm really dedicated to completing this project and sooner rather than later. I look forward to working with whoever is interested.

Here's my contact details:

Ben Arceneaux - Software Engineer --------------------------------------------------- Email: benarceneaux0@gmail.com Github: https://github.com/speeddown

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement