(REVSHARE) Programmer and 3-D Modeler/Animator Needed for PS1-Style Horror Game

Started by
0 comments, last by lollydipstick 3 years, 7 months ago

Hello! My name is Justin and I am the leader of a small group based in Indiana looking to create a simplistic surreal horror game. I am in need of a programmer and a 3-D modeler/animator. The game is a free-roaming first-person horror game focused less on story and combat and more about exploration and discovering secrets. The best comparisons would be to Yume Nikki or LSD Dream Emulator.

We currently have one programmer, but issues I will not disclose here are making it so she can't be as productive as she'd like to be. We already have a first-person movement script, but we will need programming for other gameplay mechanics and for setting up scripted events in certain maps. We are making the game in Unity, so C# experience is preferred.

As for 3-D content, most of the work will be for buildings and inanimate objects. As the title suggests, the game will be a polygonal PlayStation 1-style game, so objects will be fairly polygonal and textures can be low-res a la games such as Silent Hill. We prefer that you have some rigging and animation experience. Although most NPCs and creatures will actually be 2-D sprites placed in the 3-D map, some more dangerous creatures will be 3-D models, so animations and rigging will be necessary.

Our plan for the game is to create one or two maps and release demos on GameJolt and similar sites and have numerous maps in the final game, which ideally will be released on Steam. Our goal, payment-wise, is to equally share the revenue, which is why we're keeping the team relatively small. If any of you are interested in the project, feel free to send me a message on here or contact me on Discord (my username is FezzoTheEntertainer#4430). Thank you so much in advance!

Creature Designer, Voice Actor, and Game Designer!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement