Problems with game map design help

Started by
4 comments, last by veridis_quo_t 3 years, 7 months ago

Hey, I'm new here, and i am pretty new in making games too. I can make character or building as several objects, but when it comes to making full map set with streets, i just can't figure out how i can put everything to use.

Can someone help me with making street models with tilled image texture, or maybe somone know easier way for map. For now i've got small map what ive maked with blender, but don't know how to make it better from it. Can someone help me, or give some good tutorial?

None

Advertisement

This technical question does not belong in the Game Design forum. Moved to a more appropriate forum.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Generally for a terrain you would use your game engine's built in terrain system, as it makes it a lot easier to form a terrain. You then use the 3D models you make in blender to populate the terrain with trees, buildings, etc. Most major 3D game engines have a terrain system (Unity and Unreal have very nice ones, Godot doesn't really have one built in, but its not really meant for games that require a terrain anyway), which one are you using?

None

@undefined I'm using unity, and still got the problem.

Finished making ped paths, train railroads, got models of city streets and simple roads but don't have any idea how to build full map from it.

I'm working with blender and 3dsmax together (was trying to build in blender only, but still max got some cool features like uvw map templates - or im just lame in blender =] ).

Somebody can help me with it? Heres the screenshot (ive start map all over again, not from the image on main post), is somewhere someone with simple idea? I really want to work out my story idea for small game, but i think i can't figure out everything by doing it alone :<<<.

Heres screenshot.

Can't find the solution for making the ground with river for full map design.

None

You have made a good start. Import what you have already into Untiy, add a terrain GameObject to the scene, and then deform it using the paintbrushes (in the unity editor) to fit the roads that you showed in the screenshot.

None

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement