Should I make a game (The game is called Feed It???), that I am working on, more of a story or more of a game?

Started by
9 comments, last by Herobrine60 3 years, 5 months ago

I want to know should I make a game (The game is called Feed It???), that I am working on, more of a story or more of a game?

The game is an interactive story.

Currently there is only two options in the game.

• The first option is choosing the character's gender. (Either male or female)
  • The second option is choosing yes or no to feed it.

Should I put more options down the line or should I just have a story?

Just saying it is going to be good either way, but I don't know if it will be more fun to play if you have more options down the line or not have more options down the line.

Also, just saying currently I am working on the 8th section of the storyline (on the female character side). I am thinking of having about 100 sections.

– Cardeon Denmen - Head of Advertisement - at - Airent Animation Entertainment --

Advertisement

Herobrine60 said:

I want to know should I make a game (The game is called Feed It???)

Did you already finish "Money Life Clicker" and "Fire in the hole"? Are they any good? Perhaps you could take lessons from the feedback and apply it to “Feed It”?

SuperVGA said:

Herobrine60 said:

Did you already finish "Money Life Clicker" and "Fire in the hole"? Are they any good? Perhaps you could take lessons from the feedback and apply it to “Feed It”?

FIRE IN THE HOLE is currently not in development yet, after all, FIRE IN THE HOLE is like going to be worked on when we have animators at Airent Animation Entertainment. Since FIRE IN THE HOLE is going to be mostly like an animated show that you can interact with. With Money Life Clicker, it is not complete, but I am working on it, but my boss just decided a few days ago to host a game jam and he wants us both to stop working on everything to work on Feed It for the game jam he is hosting so currently that is what we are doing, he is quite complicated sometimes, sometimes he starts something and never finishes it, so that is that, also I think the boss has gone a little bit crazy since he is talking to himself a little too much. Also, I am just looking for a yes or no, since I am a little bit too lazy right now to go back and look at feedback from other games we are working on, but I might go back and look at them. Also, I believe that Money Life Clicker is good, but I do have a problem with making the save and load system work on the scratch version, the other version saving and loading works fine, it is just finding out how to make the code blocks in scratch work the way they need to so that the save and load system works, also only the version on scratch is available to play, so yeah, I do know the reason I can't find out how to do it is that the cloud variables in scratch will only save numbers in the server.

– Cardeon Denmen - Head of Advertisement - at - Airent Animation Entertainment --

Herobrine60 said:
should I make a game

If you want to make a game, make a game. Why ask others what you should do?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Tom Sloper said:

Herobrine60 said:
should I make a game

If you want to make a game, make a game. Why ask others what you should do?

I am not asking you "should I make a game" I am asking:

Should I make a game that I am working on more of a story or more of a game?

So I am already making the game, I want to know what others would like it to be more like, either more like a story or more like an interactive story.

Herobrine60 said:
I am already making the game, I want to know what others would like it to be more like, either more like a story or more like an interactive story.

Which would you prefer it to be? Your own opinion should matter a LOT.

Herobrine60 said:
Just saying it is going to be good either way, but I don't know

i don't know…

add a female dog and make a story about her? male dawg strolls in… and next u know… it gets fed… and…

next u know they have a pup right; there's always a simba somewhere

..could be a good story, arcades and stuff before food;

nasty uncle shows up on pup and cats gang up on 'im and next u know…-bam- snoop shows up -boom-

people luv a poodle story; emotions an' stuff…

dawg, man, dawg …

's all about them these days…

have fun ?

Herobrine60 said:

I want to know should I make a game (The game is called Feed It???), that I am working on, more of a story or more of a game?

The game is an interactive story.

Currently there is only two options in the game.

• The first option is choosing the character's gender. (Either male or female)
  • The second option is choosing yes or no to feed it.

Should I put more options down the line or should I just have a story?

Just saying it is going to be good either way, but I don't know if it will be more fun to play if you have more options down the line or not have more options down the line.

Also, just saying currently I am working on the 8th section of the storyline (on the female character side). I am thinking of having about 100 sections.

As for your original question, remember that as per the Submission Rules of Adventuraturess Game Jam, the

• Protagonist must be female

So if you need two options in the game, you'll either have to reinvent the first one, or find a loophole (such as picking the gender for someone besides the protagonist)

Should you add more of a game? (I suppose that means more options)
If it feels like it adds to the game - if it becomes more fun because of it, then you should definitely do it, if you can afford to spend the extra time. Otherwise flesh it out with the two options, polish it a bit and see if you think of something else you could add that might be fun.

Herobrine60 said:

SuperVGA said:

Herobrine60 said:

FIRE IN THE HOLE is currently not in development yet, after all, FIRE IN THE HOLE is like going to be worked on when we have animators at Airent Animation Entertainment. Since FIRE IN THE HOLE is going to be mostly like an animated show that you can interact with.

Ok. IIRC you also have around 16 years to finish it, so you're not in a hurry!

Herobrine60 said:

I believe that Money Life Clicker is good, but I do have a problem with making the save and load system work on the scratch version, the other version saving and loading works fine, it is just finding out how to make the code blocks in scratch work the way they need to so that the save and load system works, also only the version on scratch is available to play, so yeah, I do know the reason I can't find out how to do it is that the cloud variables in scratch will only save numbers in the server.

Perhaps just leaving the save games on the client device would do while you get the game ready? You can integrate cloud saves later on - perhaps a dedicated host to save games would be a good idea?

SuperVGA said:

As for your original question, remember that as per the Submission Rules of Adventuraturess Game Jam, the

• Protagonist must be female

So if you need two options in the game, you'll either have to reinvent the first one, or find a loophole (such as picking the gender for someone besides the protagonist)

Should you add more of a game? (I suppose that means more options)
If it feels like it adds to the game - if it becomes more fun because of it, then you should definitely do it, if you can afford to spend the extra time. Otherwise flesh it out with the two options, polish it a bit and see if you think of something else you could add that might be fun.

The protagonist is a female since we intend on just working on the female side during the game jam but once the game jam is over (when voting is over) we will be making the male side.

Also, this game is kind of an important part of Hell's Story since this game will be about two of the characters in Hell's Story, the two characters are named May Armeon and Laura, so I am saying that the male side is just to give a different story compared to the female side, like from a different perspective as you are not playing as the main character (May Armeon), but the male has to feed something as well, the female has to feed Laura.

Also, let's just say that at the current moment I am not going to be letting my boss do anything with this game, just for the time being, since he tried to put something into the storyline that doesn't make sense but he did finish the game but I had to scrap it since it did not make sense, so right now I have him in his room thinking about what he did wrong, sometimes he acts like a child, but that is why I live with him because if I didn't he probably would never get these things done. Once he has learned, that he fucked up the entire game by making a jumbled mess with the storyline, then I will let him work on the game with me again.

SuperVGA said:

Perhaps just leaving the save games on the client device would do while you get the game ready? You can integrate cloud saves later on - perhaps a dedicated host to save games would be a good idea?

Well, I will say that playing the scratch version would be pointless when the other version comes out, since the version on scratch will not have the storyline or the actual game, since to unlock the actual game you have to play the clicker game, then you would eventually unlock the actual game, but the clicker game part is a big part of the game, in fact, it is one of the most important parts of the game since of things I will not say since it would spoil the fun of playing the actual game when it becomes available.

Herobrine60 said:
I am not going to be letting my boss do anything with this game, just for the time being, since he tried to put something into the storyline that doesn't make sense but he did finish the game but I had to scrap it since it did not make sense, so right now I have him in his room thinking about what he did wrong, sometimes he acts like a child, but that is why I live with him because if I didn't he probably would never get these things done. Once he has learned, that he fucked up the entire game by making a jumbled mess with the storyline, then I will let him work on the game with me again.

Interesting relationship you have with your “boss.” (^_^)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement