(REVSHARE) 3-D Modeler/Animator Needed for PS1-Style Horror Game

Started by
0 comments, last by lollydipstick 3 years, 4 months ago

Hello! I'm the leader of a small team located in Indiana that is trying to develop a simple exploration-based horror game in the vein of LSD Dream Emulator or Yume Nikki. We currently have four team members (not including myself) and we need a 3D modeler as ours had to leave the group. As the title suggests, the game's art style will be very PlayStation 1-ish similar to the original Silent Hill. Thus, we expect models to be somewhat crude and polygonal and the same goes for the textures. Animation experience would be appreciated because, though most NPCs and creatures will be 2D sprites in a 3D world, some creatures will need to be 3D animated. If you are unable to animate, we can most likely work these creatures into being 2D if needed.

An important thing I need to mention is that our project is a revshare project. We are unfortunately unable to pay you upfront since we are all doing this as a hobby project to get our foot in the door of game development. At first, we will release a demo consisting of a couple of maps to sites like GameJolt and Itch.io as well as forward to several YouTubers to spread awareness. We plan to sell the final game on Steam for approximately $4.99 USD if all goes well. Our plan is to split the revenue based on how much we each contributed to the game (as the game's 3D modeler, this means you're certain to get a hefty share of it). I know it's not much, but this is just a hobby project to get some experience and release a game.

If you're interested, send me a friend request and message on Discord at CrystalManta#4430. I will include a screenshot of some models we have now (our former modeler has graciously allowed us to continue using them) so you know the style we're going for.

The sort of PS1 style we're going for

Creature Designer, Voice Actor, and Game Designer!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement