After 7 years struggling as a game composer i'm finally creating a game i actually enjoy playing

Started by
0 comments, last by tobiweiss 2 years, 6 months ago

I began this whole "i want to become a game composer" journey ~10 years ago and went all in. Working at festivals by day, composing by night. I spent all the money i earned on new vst's and equipment + daily costs and ~2 years ago i was able to quit my side-job and focus 100% on composing music, since i was earning enough money to survive. There were quite a few smaller game releases, but this one feels different for me, since it's the first "real" game.

~7 months ago I started to compose the OST of needforcheese (An action-adventure dungeon crawler by the lovely and awesome greengogames team).. It's still a looooot of work to do, but: we already created a coherent musically concept (which instruments/leitmotifs do we use when/why/where? when will the music be dynamic/interactive? etcpp), 22 tracks and ~ 40-50 minutes of music (dynamic layers/alternative versions not included). I shared quite a lot of stuff of the previous steps of the OST production on my social media and kind of accompanied the progress - that's why it's even more awesome to be able to share some actual gameplay rn - even if it's super early gameplay. ⁠ The game will probably be released somewhere in late-2022.

Have fun with your work and have a great day!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement