Game Related Programming Articles

Started by
3 comments, last by hplus0603 2 years, 5 months ago

I have to write a article for my job over Thanksgiving break related to technology. Are there any libGDX, java or 2d game programming concepts you'd like to see better explained? Bit masking? Sprite Sheets? 2d Movement?

Advertisement

What kind of job requires employees to write articles? What kind of employer gives homework assignments over holiday breaks?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

@Tom Sloper Software Development Consulting jobs that pay six figures and consult to companies that have more red tape than the 3m factory so you have very little actual work you can actually complete due to regulations / permissions issues. They make you write articles over that time because you have nothing else to do . But I do have unlimited PTO and get 10 federal holidays off plus the week of thanksgiving off and 2 weeks off at Christmas. But you can answer the actual question if you'd like.

My question is: Who is the audience? Most game programmers know how to do sprite sheets and such.

Who is intended to read this article, and what impression are they expected to walk away with?

If you want a random area that's not covered very well, how about the difference between Verlet, Euler, and Runge-Kutta integrators, and what it takes to actually do a real RK integrator (getting start AND END derivatives!) Ideally with an implementation of each, showing where they perform well, and where they blow up.

enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement