Is there anyway to have two places to transfer scenes but stay in their distinct teleport spots? (Watch the video it’s hard to explain!)

Started by
3 comments, last by JoeJ 1 year, 5 months ago

Hello! I’m having trouble making my character move from place to place. (Watch the video for more information)

Advertisement

OwlOwO said:
I’m having trouble making my character move from place to place. (Watch the video for more information)

You expect people to spend time on helping you, please spend the time to phrase out a question.

Watched the video (without audio), and i can only guess your problem is the character teleports forth and back between two triggers.
A solution would be to disable the target trigger volume until the player has left it. So he needs to step out and back in if he wants to teleport to where he came from.

@JoeJ I thought my question was well put as one could have been- it wasn’t as vague as ‘place to place’ kind of sounds like I’m not sure how to casually make my character walk! I’ll try better next time-

Makes sense, I’ll try that! Thank you^^

OwlOwO said:
I’ll try better next time

It's mainly for yourself. Phrasing out the proper question in natural language often helps to turn the proper (and well phrased) answer into programming language.
Often the answer is easy if the question is good to describe the problem precisely.
If we fail to describe the problem, then we have not yet understood it fully, so finding a solution remains a matter of trial and error.

At least for me that's the case.
But unfortunately such ‘phrasing skills’ did not help me to figure out how i should document my own code. :D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement