Music Creators & 3D Modelers needed for Blender Game Engine Project

Started by
6 comments, last by periodicosbrz 1 year, 4 months ago

Hello! I'm working on the game engine for future games based on my comic / animated series I'm working on called Metalstone, and we could use not only 3D modelers for the project, but also music composers as well!

3D Modelers
We could use some 3D modelers who:
- Are familiar with using Blender to make assets
- Are willing to work on making a ton of assets of various assorted objects in the game's world,
as well as for larger setpieces such as modular buildings

We need you so that we can start piecing together and designing concepts for what the environments and settings in the game's world could be like, so that we can show them to other potential collaborators such as music composers for the game's atmosphere!
Speaking of which…

Music Composers
We could use the help of some composers that make music in a wide variety of styles.
Just because you may specialize in a certain niche doesn't mean that you couldn't be of potential help!

Here are some examples of the various styles of music we need for the project:
- Atmospheric
- Lighthearted
- Rock / Funk / Jazz-ish
- Medieval
- Battle music
- Epic

Most of all, we need composers who can really help nail down the atmosphere of the world
that this story is going for, and since this project is very early in development, will be able to go off just the information about what the story and world is like in order to capture that atmosphere.
If you are a composer, let me know what your style of writing is and I'll give you some more specific ideas of what we're going for

If you're a 3D modeler or music composer who is interested, then please send me a message on here or email me at kyle.siegelin@gmail.com, and we can discuss further details or any questions that you may have.

- Thanks

Advertisement

@fleabay GPL'd?

@fleabay Blender Game Engine is allowed to be used by the public for making commercial games, and any art that you create from Blender is legally your property,
so I don't see what the problem is

@fleabay You haven't really read any more of the fine print I'm guessing.

"What you create with Blender is your sole property. All your artwork – images or movie files – including the .blend files and other data files Blender can write, is free for you to use as you like.

That means that Blender can be used commercially by artists, by studios to make animation films or VFX, by game artists to work on commercial games, by scientists for research, and by students in educational institutions.

Blender’s GNU GPL license guarantees you this freedom. Nobody is ever permitted to take it away, in contrast to trial or “educational” versions of commercial software that will forbid your work in commercial situations."

Well I appreciate the heads up,
but I found this on the UPBGE site:

"Blender and the UPBGE/BGE are licensed as GNU GPL, which means that your games (if they include Blender software) have to comply with that license as well. This only applies to the software, or the bundle if it has software in it, not to the artwork you make with Blender. All your Blender creations are your sole property.

GNU GPL – also called “Free Software” – is a license that aims at keeping the licensed software free, forever. GNU GPL does not allow you to add new restrictions or limitations on the software you received under that license. That works fine if you want your clients or your audience to have the same rights as you have (with Blender).

In summary, the software and source code are bound to the GNU GPL, but the blend-files (models, textures, sounds) are not."

Honestly I'm not too worried about it being open source.
That just means that the modding community will have easier access to messing around with the game,
and I'm a firm believer that game companies should encourage more customization of their games instead of trying to keep it away from their audience

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement