How to make stopping animation adapt to dynamic stopping distance, for a quadruped character?

Started by
0 comments, last by zzaustin 1 year, 2 months ago

Hi, everyone

So I'm working on a horse riding system, when the horse stops moving, it takes a certain distance for it to completely come to rest, more specifically, the stop animation has a root motion which covers a 2 meter distance. But in-game most of the time I will need the stopping process to cover some more distance, and sometimes less, so apparently if I forcefully scale the root motion to match the actual distance, there will be foot sliding which is unacceptable, so I wonder what techniques are there to make the stopping process adaptable to dynamic distances?

I know for biped character, people mostly use motion warping(stride warping, more specifically), but I don't know if it works well for quadruped? If yes can anyone share some ideas how to do it, because there are just too many legs and gaits for a horse?

Or can anyone shed some lights on other techniques or methods that can help me solve this problem?

Many thanks in advance.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement