[RevShare] [Pre-Alpha Demo] Looking for AI/Networking Programmers

Started by
0 comments, last by Edmm 1 year ago

Hi, my name is Adam and I’m the Project Manager & Developer of our game called Seasons. We are using Unreal Engine 4 for this project.

About the game:

Our game is a Realistic Survival Simulator with Multi Co-op Support. It takes place in Alaska. The main difficulty of the player is the environment:

- Detailed Status System with different illnesses

- Realistic AI System (only animal AIs)

- Dynamic Season/Weather System with Temperature simulation

For now, a maximum of 4-6 players will be able to play the game in one lobby. This number will probably change later, when we have more parts of the game done.

Where are we at:

We already coded most of the complex systems like runtime mesh-editing, dynamic seasons/weather, dynamic snow and we are currently on the way creating the first playable alpha version. I worked on the AI, but it needs a lot more work to make the movement and avoidance more realistic.

Task & Requirements

AI Programmer:

Experience in more complex AI coding, we want to make the movement/locomotion of the animal AI as realistic as possible without using root-motion animations. We also need to find solutions to improve the detour crowd avoidance to avoid animals or objects somewhat nicer(mainly to make the movemnt look better on avoidance).

Networking Programmer:

We use runtime mesh-editing for tree cutting, so we need to optimize the networking of this as much as possible. I've already made most things work in multiplayer, including this, but still to make it better, we need to optimize it much better, which will probably require to rethink the current solutions for multiplayer support.

Our Team:

We are a team of 6 people. 1 Programmer/Developer, 1 Animator, 1 Composer, 1 Business Manager, 1 Animal Modeler/Animator and 1 Prop Modeler.

Split %:

We are planning to sell the game on Steam and we are going to share the revenue. The more you do for the game, the bigger your share will be, but there is a base share for everyone, which will be discussed later on.

Length:

The goal is to release the first Teaser Trailer at the end of the summer. If everything goes right, we can release the first version by the end of the year.

If you are interested in the Project or would like to know more information about the game, send me a DM on Discord (Edmm#9842) and we can talk about further details.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement