Advices for buiding 3D model

Started by
2 comments, last by Tom Sloper 11 months, 1 week ago

Hey everyone,

I'm currently working on an exciting project that resembles a game, and I'm encountering a challenge with rendering a 3D character on a 200x200 canvas. The issue I'm facing is that when the character is rendered, it's difficult to see the finer details, such as the eyes, clearly. I'm unsure if this problem stems from a programming or art-related aspect. I've considered using a JPEG image to create a character that fits within the 200x200 dimensions while still maintaining an acceptable level of detail. However, I'm curious to know if there's a 3D solution available to tackle this issue. It's worth mentioning that I'm using Babylon.js as my framework of choice. I would greatly appreciate any tips or insights you may have to help me overcome this challenge.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Example of issue:

1799883197_Screenshotfrom2018-08-0423-14-40.png.3534cb68fe9c64cae5c69e57332fe71c.png

None

Advertisement

Don't know about 3D, but JPEG is lossy, designed for photos (big areas of mostly the same color). If you want details, use a lossless format like PNG.

As for details, say a person is 2 meter, so at 200 pixels, 1 pixel is about 1cm person height. Eyes are about 3cm, so 3-4 pixels at most. Not sure how much detail you can put in 3 pixels.

This discussion has been moved to the 2D and 3D Art forum. This is not a Game Design topic. What is Game Design?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement