SFXEngine Sound Effects Software Released

Started by
0 comments, last by Cornutopia 10 months, 2 weeks ago

Hi Everyone, A long time game developer here!

My sound effects design software, SFXEngine, has just been released on Steam. I've found it essential for my games. Take a look here:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2438590/SFXEngine/

SFXEngine was first developed around 20 years ago and it has since been used for sound design on 100+ commercial titles from PC to Nintendo Wii, and is the key foundation of the 12,000+ IndieSFX Game Sound Effects Library. SFXEngine was on sale briefly a few years ago, but generally used privately. It's now available for the first time in years.

The key to the program is simplicity and efficiency. SFXEngine aims to be the fastest and most flexible way to create and manage new sounds (or batch process any audio). The program uses a row of plug-in sound processors that are applied one to another in a chain. This is how many software synthesizers work, but SFXEngine is different by removing complex signal chains, and is optimised for single pitches rather than music. Any parameter of every 'engine', from filter frequencies, to saw-wave pitches, to sample volumes can be modulated by attaching a waveform to it. These modulator waves are wav files themselves, allowing lots of editing potential.

Separate 'environments' allow the same effect to be applied to a whole set of sounds; and when you've completed a project, all sounds can be rendered and automatically trimmed in mono, stereo, 16-bit, or 32-bit float, and a range of frequencies; for instant use.

It's really uniquely powerful software for creating, and project managing, sound effects.

There is a free-to-try demo with full editing capabilities (the demo is save disabled but fully operational in all other ways), so it's easy to explore.

I've probably put more work into this than any game over the years, so I'm excited to make it public for the first time. Enjoy giving it a try.

Mark

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement