I will proofread English translations for free!

Started by
5 comments, last by cris9 8 months, 1 week ago

Hi folks! I never know how to start these things. I hope this post is in the right place.

I'm not a programmer, developer, or even a gamer, but I love storytelling. I watch a lot of gaming content, particularly content about indie games. If you're a dev who relies on digital programs to translate your game content into English, you probably know the English-speaking market is very hard to break into. It breaks my heart to see games by non-English speaking developers get trashed by the online community. You tell wonderful stories and don't deserve that.

I am offering to proofread your English translations of story elements, subtitles, and other text-based game elements for free at the moment. I have previously worked with the devs of Ghost Exile to correct grammar and punctuation in the text-based portions of their games, and I am waiting to hear from the dev at Emika Games when his next project is ready to be translated. I don't want any money right now, but would appreciate being mentioned somewhere so that I can put this on my resume!

I am happy to prove my credentials to you however you wish. In my day-to-day life, I teach English to both foreign language learners and native speakers who are trying to get high school diplomas, so I am very familiar with how difficult it can be to move between languages.

If this is in the wrong place, let me know. Peace and love be with you!

None

Advertisement

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement