Showcasing Writing in Games

Started by
0 comments, last by Tom Sloper 7 years, 4 months ago

Hello all,

I am interested in strengthening my portfolio for a potential role in Games Writing and/or Design, and was curious about receiving feedback. At this time, I'm not currently in the process of submitting my work; however comments of any nature would be greatly appreciated. Furthermore, any advice or anecdotes regarding roles writing for games would be quite useful should you have them. While I have worked as a designer on all game projects to date and have a separate non-games writing portfolio, I'm strongly interested in the steps needed to break into industry writing roles.

I'll place two links to my most recent projects below should you wish to explore them further.

The first is a project assembled at the 37th Ludum Dare Game Jam titled Hotel Conifornia: A Procedurally Generated Comedy!

http://pablobredow.com/hotelconifornia/

The second is a university project tailored for PlayStationVR. I worked in a group of seven as the designer/writer. While I wrote for this project, it was not my narrative concept/intellectual property:

Thank you for taking the time out to look this over - should you have any criticism or loosely related advice, (writing for VR, writing roles in games in general) it will all be of great help.

All the best,

-Miles

Advertisement
Moving to the Writing forum.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement