need help creating a game with gamemaker

Started by
3 comments, last by get the f***ing pillow man 6 years, 2 months ago

Hi guys, I'm actually creating an RPG game by myself, a complete n00b, but the game is actually not that bad. I made sprites and animations, Backgrounds, a testing room and some code. And was just thinking 'bout getting more into game development so I may increase my game development skills. The game is actually based on Adventure Time, I named it "Adventure Time: Dimensional War". Still gotta create it's story, add dialogue boxes, hitboxes, enemies, turn-based fight systems etc. So I thought that maybe this joining this kind of forums will help. 

Right now I just need to learn how to make some enemies objects to follow me, attack me, and animate. I want to animate them just the way the player gets animated (up, down, right, left) So may someone tell me how to do it? 

Capture.PNG

Advertisement

Right now I just need to learn how to make some enemies objects to follow me

https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/basic-ai-follow-and-damage.2683/

This is a common thing, the idea is simple.

Move in the direction of the player if the player is in sight.

I want to animate them just the way the player gets animated (up, down, right, left) So may someone tell me how to do it? 

You will check what direction the AI is moving in and play the correct animation.

A example: vector(X,Y) so (0,1) = UP | (0,-1) = Down | (1,0) = Right | (-1,0) = Left

Because vectors are also directions:

That topic shows how vectors work. It's very easy stuff like 1+1 =2.

This is not a Writing question. Moving to For Beginners.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

28 minutes ago, Tom Sloper said:

This is not a Writing question. Moving to For Beginners.

thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement