Where do you start in Pixel Art desing?

Started by
2 comments, last by gdinit 4 years, 6 months ago

I am an indie game dev and currently, I don't know where to start drawing pixel art style. I've already made the code but I don't know the design. Can somebody give me a tip for starting to make Pixel art?

Hello everyone. I am an Indie Game Developer and love making games. I started making games when I was 11 and that became one of my hobbies. The games that I made were just for fun, but I want to make games for a living and help my family. I am now 13 and have learned a lot more. The only problem is, I don't know how to draw (besides stickmen) and that is a problem that I occur a lot. Whenever I watch a tutorial on youtube for pixel art, I just don't get how they do it. I would appreciate the help of a professional in pixel art style. Thank you for reading this!

-Alex

Advertisement

This is a good thing to read when you're starting out.

https://lospec.com/pixel-art-where-to-start/

After that, you might be wanting to animate the sprites. That's new set of skills, and you'll need to practice all the different kinds of animations, like walking/running, attacking, jumping, getting hurt... etc.

4 hours ago, CrossAlex21 said:

I am an indie game dev and currently, I don't know where to start drawing pixel art style. I've already made the code but I don't know the design. Can somebody give me a tip for starting to make Pixel art?

I had the same requirement, bought a course on Udemy. Never got around to watching more than ~1 hour so can't say if it works.
If you're a video-learner take a look at offers on Udemy perhaps. There were quite a few high ranked ones.

Good luck!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement