Thoughts on our reveal trailer for The Otterman Empire

Started by
3 comments, last by a light breeze 4 years, 2 months ago

Hey everyone I wanted to share the offical reveal trailer for our 3 year long journey known as The Otterman Empire coming to Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PC earlier this year.

Advertisement

Looks good! I am a bit confused by the trailer because I have the impression this is a battle dome or a rumble style game, but on your steam page you have:

A FAST ACTION PARTY SHOOTER, WHERE OTTERS GO AIRBORNE

Multiplayer action

: Team up with up to four players in a chaotic, couch co-op campaign or test your friendship and go t.o.e to t.o.e in our competitive, versus mode!

Go solo!

: Travel the galaxy and take on Tiko alone! Featuring a huge variety of challenges across 8 different planets in an intense campaign mode that keeps you on your toes!

Build your team

: Earn stars, unlock skins, customise your otters and keep on fighting.

Game Modes

: Rapidly changing game modes, 2 minute rounds and an environment hazard here and there and we promise it will be otter chaos!

Locations

: Fight across the sprawling galaxy of The Otterman Empire!

Split screen

: Pass those controllers out and see who’s got what it takes to come out on top.

I doesn't appear to me that the trailer clearly defines any of these different modes and play features which I believe is very important. I had the impression you're in a battle dome fighting with friends and against another team, or maybe doing challenges against swarms of AI. What sets this game apart from others like it? Any cool features? Also, it isn't uncommon to have different trailers for a release so keep that in mind.

Visually the trailer looks amazing, and the audio is great as well. Great job!

Programmer and 3D Artist

@Rutin Thanks for the feedback dude yh we have recieved similiar feedback this was just an intiail reveal trailer we have our officially launch trailer ready to go very soon and based on the feedback we have recieved we are focusing more on showcasing more split-screen and objective gameplay.

I suspect that this trailer would work better for me if played back at 50% speed. I don't even have time to form an impression on the content at the current speed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement