Looking for some tips

Started by
4 comments, last by SuperVGA 3 years, 10 months ago

Hello, guys :D I own a creepy facts Instagram page and i want to develop something like Dark Stories where the player can interact with things in order to complete the puzzle/mistery.

Can you provide me some ideas / tutorials /tips to do something nice? What gamedev engine I should use?

Advertisement

@danioffo Where/how would you like your game to run? Is it a browser game, and in that case, who will host it (that and what platforms and frameworks you'll be able to use?)

Perhaps you just want to provide a download for desktop PCs?

Because

danioffo said:

What gamedev engine I should use?

Isn't easy to answer off the bat. Unity allows exporting to the web, but might not be suitable for an absolute beginner. Godot is easier, but web export can be a bit quirky AFAIK.

@undefined no, the game will run on Android and IoS

danioffo said:

@undefined no, the game will run on Android and IoS

Ok. Are you familiar with anything related to game development?
Personally I think Godot is very accessible, even for complete newbies.
It does support exporting to XCode and Android.

@undefined I made some 2d platformers and a 3d shooter in unity but i can't really script all by myself.

danioffo said:

@undefined I made some 2d platformers and a 3d shooter in unity but i can't really script all by myself.

Ah - ok. Well, you can pick up some C# programming tutorials all over the web. Godot has a very good “Getting Started” -guide helping you to make your first game, it also covers scripting.

If you want someone else to make your game for you, or need help with a particular area, e.g. scripting, you can post in the Hobby Project Classifields forum.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement