Smart Lure and Darwin Level

Started by
13 comments, last by Runiker 3 years, 8 months ago

Runiker said:

it’s not that I want to prevent the players from messing with the difficulty or whatnot I just think that they should earn the potion and work towards it rather then just handing it over.

Ah, to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment?

Advertisement

@undefined Kinda I mean yes it will have that effect however it’s also to help prevent a player creating loopholes in the system such as switching back and forth so often all damage is negate. that is also the reason at 12:00 am the variables get checked and updated. If you wish to skip the checking to stay on a difficulty setting you enjoy I will have food and drinks. Food that halts all leveling and Drinks that restart it back again. Thank

On the topic of games getting easier or harder depending on the player's skills/performance, I found a video about feedback loops on YouTube. And if I understand it correctly, dynamic difficulty means roughly the same thing as negative feedback loops. And one thing mentioned near the end of the video, which seems to serve a similar purpose: optional challenges that are harder than the normal ones and not needed to beat the game. Skilled players can have fun with the hard challenges, and less skilled players can just skip them. (Ideally, those challenges shouldn't matter narratively in the game, since less skilled players should still be able to get the whole story.)

And yeah, the rewards for playing really well shouldn't accidentally make the game easier.

None

@undefined Actually the better you do the harder it gets however thier is potions that can freeze the difficult level or you can manually set to 0 for people who only want the story. But yes you are right about side questsand such. I built the game pretty much like a Horror version of world of Warcraft Or Oblivion meaning you go at own pace.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement