Want to make a game spare time?

Started by
2 comments, last by AndyPett 3 years, 6 months ago

Want to make a game? Of course you do!

The question is, would you like to be a part of the team making this game?
(Image is for illustration purposes only)

What we're looking for?

Let's just start with the basics. We're making this game on a hobby basis, and there are no salaries involved.
Will there be money in it? First we talked about releasing the game for free, just making sure that it becomes a popular one that might help fund future projects. But I'm starting to think there can be money made from this. We'll need to discuss further within the team.

We do need:

Social Media and marketing wizard!

Yup! It's hard to get anyone to buy (or even download for free) your game if nobody knows it exists!
We've set up a very simple website and will be posting some development updates there. But the truth is - we need someone who can bring some magic to our social media and marketing efforts.

Wouldn't it be cool if you were the one to make this game go viral, outsell any competition and become the #1 indie game in the Universe?
(I might be exaggerating a bit here, but a good result could be great to have on your resumé).

Level designers

Imagine a game that has all the cool features - you can jump, run, crawl, climb things, shoot things, say witty things while flying through the air in slow motion…

…but there are no levels. No story, no enemies, no nothing.
That's our game right now. We have the overall story, but we need levels! And levels need to be fun! Want to be a part of the team making amazing levels that has the player choosing between stealth or full-blown action attack to reach his goal? Want to make the player laugh out loud because of funny puzzles or cut-scenes? Well, then this might just be for you!

3D Modellers / Texture painters

We want props! We want environments! We want characters! We want… we want this game to be freakin' awesome!
Are you a talented 3D Modeller, but maybe you're still looking for a way to get into the industry? This is perfect for you!
We need someone who can model, texture and rig characters, props and environment objects.

UI Designers

Any cool game needs a brilliant UI!
We're looking for someone who's talented in 2D art to create visually stunning game menus, HUDs, etc.

C# Programmer

We might want to take on another C# Programmer as well, although we have a couple of people doing this already. I guess you can never have enough programmers, right?

So what's this game about?

Well, we don't want to give away everything, but the game is set in a post-apocalyptic world where Racoons have taken over the world, and our hero Squirrel finds himself waiting for the death penalty, but can't remember how or why he ended up in prison in the first place. He needs to escape, and stop the Raccoons and their reign of terror!
(Obviously, this is a game that incorporates a lot of comedy).

The gameplay draws inspiration from games like Hitman, Mad Max, and Inside in that it's a third person shooter game with stealth and tactical elements, in a visually eerie setting.

Visually, we're looking to create a Tim Burton-ish style and mood.

If you want to be a part of this team, please let us know by commenting on this post or even sending me a private message on this site.
You could also check out our website at rustedtreetops.com, but there's not much on it right now. We'll add more as we move along!

Andy Pett

Advertisement

Hi Andy!

I am Jen and I am curious about your project.

I am currently in a search of a free time/ hobby part-time project in game dev to fulfil my passion for video games and digital marketing.

I am a full time employed in e-commerse being an account manager. However, I would like to spend around 4-5 hours per week on a standalone project.

I have experience in the following:

• Social media (lately mostly instagram, but I am also familiar with Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube and Telegram)
    • Creating content plan
    • Creating visual and written content
    • Blogging
  • Marketing
    • preparing strategy, action plans

Since I am not working in those professionally at the moment, I cannot claim having being a senior, however I am passionate about SMM and I am interesting in gaining more experience in it.

Feel free to ping me if you are interested. Discord : Piktorito#4658

Cheers,
Jen

None

@piktorito Sorry for the late reply - I am currently going through some minor illness and haven't been online as much. I will send you a message on Discord shortly!

Andy Pett

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement