I need help to see if this is good enough to be considered the Intro part of Mystical Sanctum Ruins

Started by
17 comments, last by Officer_Erik_K 3 years, 7 months ago

SuperVGA said:

Why would you do that? It's obviously your call, but why not give them something easily recognisable?

Easily recognizable? Like a nickname or something?

– Erik P. Kountzman - Owner - of - Airent Animation Entertainment --

Advertisement

Officer_Erik_K said:

SuperVGA said:

Why would you do that? It's obviously your call, but why not give them something easily recognisable?

Easily recognizable? Like a nickname or something?

It's only tangent to the writing, so it's not as important. I was just wondering why you'd call them CCFG 1 and CFSG 1. Are they droids? Is th player meant to get them mixed up?

fleabay said:

Please don't feed the trolls people.

ED: People, please don't feed the trolls.

Search for them. If it's a troll it's long-term and the job spans several platforms…

SuperVGA said:

It's only tangent to the writing, so it's not as important. I was just wondering why you'd call them CCFG 1 and CFSG 1. Are they droids? Is th player meant to get them mixed up?

They are not droids. They are ghosts. CCFG stands for Cute Crying Female Ghost and CFSG stands for Cute Female Shy Ghost. They are also, not really all that important, they are just the servants to the player's wife (Flora), the player didn't want to marry Flora. Also, the player's wife has about 2,000,000,000 servants and 800,000,000,000 worshipers, also all the servants and worshipers are dead. After all, Flora's job is to give others misery. Also, the player isn't meant to get mixed up with them, but I would say that the game will be a lot longer than you would think. After all, I am the current storyline is about 6 to 10 hours worth of possible game play, and I am about 1% complete with making the storyline. Also, this game is meant to introduce over 20,000 characters that are going to be in the book series I am currently creating. Also, this game is going to have over 40,000,000 characters that the main character will interact with.

Officer_Erik_K said:

…player's wife has about 2,000,000,000 servants and 800,000,000,000 worshipers…

…this game is meant to introduce over 20,000 characters that are going to be in the book series I am currently creating…

…this game is going to have over 40,000,000 characters that the main character will interact with….

Have you thought about what these numbers mean in the game, and how will it affect the tasks you'll be spending time on when writing the game?

You also use numbering a lot when it comes to the equipment mentioned earlier. Lots of gigabytes here, and petabytes, and charger packs, battery chargers and 10 minutes of time spent on gathering items. How does the numbers here affect the gameplay, if it does so at all - is it something the player should keep in mind?

In part, all this focus on inventory and numbers make it look as if you're making a simulation of making live/on-demand streamable content where the player might start a business, shop for more inventory, impress large amounts of people in various segments or with different relations to the player: This could be fun. (Convince the majority of 800Bln worshippers that Flora has bad hair, affect stats and story etc.)

SuperVGA said:

Have you thought about what these numbers mean in the game, and how will it affect the tasks you'll be spending time on when writing the game?

You also use numbering a lot when it comes to the equipment mentioned earlier. Lots of gigabytes here, and petabytes, and charger packs, battery chargers and 10 minutes of time spent on gathering items. How does the numbers here affect the gameplay, if it does so at all - is it something the player should keep in mind?

In part, all this focus on inventory and numbers make it look as if you're making a simulation of making live/on-demand streamable content where the player might start a business, shop for more inventory, impress large amounts of people in various segments or with different relations to the player: This could be fun. (Convince the majority of 800Bln worshippers that Flora has bad hair, affect stats and story etc.)

The way the numbers affect the gameplay is not really much, after all, it is up to the player to decide what will be important after you get into the sanctum. After all, you don't need any of the equipment after you escape the sanctum, but it is there for you to use when it is needed, after all the planet of Flora doesn't have electricity and you won't have the internet, but will have an internet connection in the sanctum, since when you are in the sanctum, you are not on the planet of Flora or on Earth. Also, all the info you get at the beginning of the game is important. The most important thing is the time though, after all, if you don't keep track of time, you might miss some things, like secrets. Also, just saying I dedicate at least 6 hours of my time to making the storyline of this game, also I have nothing else to really do other than make this game. Also, just saying at the beginning, 90% of Flora's worshippers want to kill the player after all Flora forces you to defile her body, but only 10% of her worshippers understand that you had no choice. Also, I will tell you this, the personality that the main character has is weird. I should say, technically the player does start a business, a business that would not fly back on Earth. But, I would say that I am doing quite well with the creation of the storyline, at least I have created enough storyline to make the game playable, but there is only the storyline that is in the prosses of being created since if I started to code the game, the game will have at least 20,000 unnecessary lines of code in it.

Officer_Erik_K said:
the player's wife (Flora)

Officer_Erik_K said:
the planet of Flora

So the planet and the wife of the player have the same name? That's confusing - Is there any relation?

Officer_Erik_K said:
all the info you get at the beginning of the game is important

How is the number of go pro head mounts, go pros, charger packs, solar panel chargers, flashlights, compasses, battery chargers, GPS Trackers, GPS Locators, phones, sd cards (with 10 terabyte storage space per sd card), walkie talkies, the chargers needed to charge all electrical devices, batteries, lighters and mics important, and how do these numbers affect the gameplay?

Officer_Erik_K said:

Also, just saying I dedicate at least 6 hours of my time to making the storyline of this game, also I have nothing else to really do other than make this game.

Better make the storyline as good as possible then!

Officer_Erik_K said:
there is only the storyline that is in the prosses of being created since if I started to code the game, the game will have at least 20,000 unnecessary lines of code in it.

? I don't know what you mean by this, but it can of course be difficult to avoid unnecessary code entirely. What are you doing to minimise it?

SuperVGA said:

So the planet and the wife of the player have the same name? That's confusing - Is there any relation?

Well, yes there is a relation between the planet of Flora and Flora. After all, the planet is named after Flora, the God of Misery. Also, I have made it easier for the player to tell which one is being talked about, by giving the person, Flora, the nickname of Fruity.

SuperVGA said:

How is the number of go pro head mounts, go pros, charger packs, solar panel chargers, flashlights, compasses, battery chargers, GPS Trackers, GPS Locators, phones, sd cards (with 10 terabyte storage space per sd card), walkie talkies, the chargers needed to charge all electrical devices, batteries, lighters and mics important, and how do these numbers affect the gameplay?

It affects the gameplay, by the fact that you will have to use these items, at different points of time, in the game. Also, you have to keep uploading videos to your YouTube channel and you have to make the planet of Flora a greater place. However, the GPS Trackers and the GPS Locators are not needed, but they can be useful to you, the way that they could be useful is that they could help you keep track of whoever and whatever you want. After all, you don't need to have the internet to use GPS Trackers and GPS Locators, also the GPS Locators are the things you use to locate the trackers, also the GPS Locators can be used as a GPS Tracker as well.

Also, you don't need to keep a GPS Locator and/or a GPS Tracker, since you could use your phone as a GPS Locator and a GPS Tracker. After all, your phone has a GPS Tracker built into it, also you are using your phone to make a map of the planet of Flora, but to use your phone as a GPS Locator and a GPS Tracker, then you will need to go to the app that is named The Map of the Planet of Flora (this app is something the main character has created during a cut scene). Then you would have to click the button that is named Edit Code and then you would be given multi able options to add to the app, so you then would click on the option that says Add GPS Locator and GPS Tracker. After you click that, a cut scene will start, the cut scene will show the main character adding the code of lines that would make it so that the map can be used as a GPS Locator and that the other GPS Locators can locate the GPS Tracker that is built into the phone. Then you would be given a yes or no choice to change the coding of the GPS Locators to use the coding of the app, if you choose yes then a cut scene will play that shows the main character doing so, also the map on the GPS Locators will always be the same as the map on your phone. Also, the GPS Locators are useless, if you don't choose yes, but if you do choose no, you can always go back and choose yes. Also, until you do the Add GPS Locator and GPS Tracker thing, you will not be given your location on the map or the location of any other GPS Trackers.

Also, I don't really want to tell you too much about the gameplay/storyline of the game and I know that if I tell you more on the topic of [how do these numbers affect the gameplay] then I would need to tell you more of the storyline for you to understand. So I would be spoiling the game more than I would like to, so I am not going to tell you more on this topic of [how do these numbers affect the gameplay].

SuperVGA said:

I don't know what you mean by this, but it can of course be difficult to avoid unnecessary code entirely. What are you doing to minimise it?

Well, I am not going to really code the game, since I only know how to code text-based games, so if I am going to help with coding I am probably going to only help code the text parts of the game. Also, the way that I might minimize it is that I don't know, after all, I won't know if the line of code is not needed if I am not told and most of the time when someone sees coding that I have done and they know how to code they tell me that, for example, lines 8, 43, 67, 72, and 125 are not needed. So, I might just let the others, that are helping me, get rid of the unnecessary lines of code.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement