Would anyone be willing to play a multiplayer game that supports null modem?

Started by
11 comments, last by yaboiryan 2 years, 8 months ago

Alberth said:
That's where you need a TCP/IP network connection eh, the one that's not available in DOS that the OP cannot make it work. Networks at the time were in offices only if they existed at all, using various non-standard protocols. Internet mostly existed only between universities, and was unknown to the general public as well as companies.

Yeah, TCP/IP is a real pain to get working with DOSBox as well.

chao51 said:
I like split screen and sharing the keyboard, if it gets to 2 player action.

I could totally do that! Do you think that people would be willing to share a keyboard, though?

Advertisement

@yaboiryan I don't know really.

What I meant with sharing keyboard was, sharing the computer. 2 Joysticks, 2 Gamepads, 1 Joystick and 1 person on keyboard, and as a last resort, when there are no joysticks, share the keyboard itself.

I'm thinking this since my most fun multiplayer experience came from playing Firepower on the Amiga with my dad. I think it was either 2 joysticks, or joystick and keyboard. (It's been long time since, I don't remember all details).

How does it look with controllers (gamepads, joysticks, ..) on Dosbox btw ??

Chao55 / Retro Games, Programming, AI, Space and Robots

Currently working on HyperPyxel paint program - http://www.hyperpyxel.com​​ and an asteroids clone under my "Game1" javascript game "engine".

@chao51 I have tried it on dosbox and I have gotten a joystick working, though I am considering scrapping the multiplayer aspect, well, at least the one involving multiple computers. But however, I will continue to work on getting multiple-controller multiplayer working.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement