Head set recommendation? (for office + gaming)

Started by
2 comments, last by UnshavenBastard 2 years, 5 months ago

Howdy! Long time not been here.

I am looking for a head set, which optimally is passable for both: Skype etc calls for work / online meetings, as well as some gaming - and perhaps not totally horrible music playback (I like games with good music!).
I was not looking to spend major dough on it - just looking whether there is something halfway decent for moderate price. (say, not much more than 50 euro bucks? I mean, you can get BD DT990pro for ~ 110 these days, I won't spend that on some mufflecans just because it says “pro gaming”)

Have been looking through the offers at BezosBay, to mostly find two categories of devices:

1. overpriced(?) brand name, easily breakable looking, office-only sets, e.g. from Sennheiser, Logitech etc, which still have some detailed complaints in reviews about quality issues like bad microphone sound, sharp plastic seams, …
  2. modestly priced (25..45 €) Chinese brand, super bulky, dedicated gaming sets, with lots of nonsense like colorful LED lighting and a tendency towards bass exaggeration, which I can't stand at all.

Are there some products somewhere in between there? (by which I do not mean: overpriced, with bad mic sound, sharp edges and exaggerated bass :P)
It would be nice to have both, USB and analog plugs, but I guess I'd go for USB-only, too.

Any favorites out there which could be a match?

Advertisement

Invest in durabillity.

Acosix said:

Invest in durabillity.

Thanks, Oracle of Delphi.

When people complain about quality issues of pricey, formerly justifiably well regarded brand's products, that tip is difficult to put into practise ?
Even AKG headphones are being “made in China” for a while now and have gotten severe problems (I still have "made in Austria" ones, which about tells you how old at least they are, and they're still rocking. A buddy of mine had to fix his newer ones several times over ^^).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement