A beginner character artist

Started by
6 comments, last by JordanSims 2 years, 1 month ago

Hello Everyone,

As someone who is just starting out as a character artist, which type of art would have the most workload. Like would a 2D artist have to work extra harder than a 3D artist, or is it the other way around.

Thank You!

None

Advertisement

The workload is the same either way. You'll work 40-50 hours per week no matter what your specialty is. What is it you're worried about really? And why are you worried about workload? Are you looking for a challenge, or are you looking for an easier specialty?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

@Tom Sloper Starting off, I wanted to look for something that was easier. Just to ease my way in. Later I would want something more challenging. Basically, I wanted to know what a good starting off point was.

None

You're going to have to learn to use computer art tools eventually. Have you already mastered character art on paper? That's 2D. I'm going out on a limb and guessing that you don't yet have an art degree?

@undefined I messed around with 3D modeling software like Blender and Maya before so I have a rough idea of how to use it. With 2D, I used all of the adobe products like Photoshop but am not too comfortable with those yet. I have not mastered art on paper. And I don't have an art degree yet.

None

Well, you're off to a good start. Keep at it, and don't worry about what's hard. Just get good at your craft.

@Tom Sloper Thank you for the advice, I'll keep that in mind.

None

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement