Slicing an image into isometric diamonds

Started by
1 comment, last by Ultraporing 2 years ago

Hi guys,

Busy with the prototyping for my project. I'm working off of reference images (screenshots) that I need to build an isometric tileset from. However, I need to actually be able to cut these screenshots into isometric "diamonds" before I can import them into Godot. (Trying to slice them inside of Godot just ends up doing strange things).

I've tried numerous ways but for the life of me, I can't find an intuitive way to do this. I literally just want to load the image, specify the isometric tile dimensions, and have something just... slice the image. Is there anything that exists that can do that?

Alternative is, of course, to do a grid overlay manually in Photoshop or paint dot net, and do it manually for each tile. But, yknow..

Advertisement

@aktorsyl Hi, I found this Godot plugin on Github. It creates normal tilesets from images, but with a few changes it should be able to create isometric tiles too. Since I do not know how your screenshots look like, I'll assume one can just cut a rectangle, make the parts which are not part of the iso tile transparent. I
I'll test the plugin and edit the post with the results.III
Tileset plugin: https://github.com/HeavenMercy/TileSet-Builder-Godot-Plugin

#UPDATE:I did Test the plugin and it works as described. It cuts your image into rectangular tiles.

“It's a cruel and random world, but the chaos is all so beautiful.”
― Hiromu Arakawa

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement