2nd Person Horror Game Idea

Started by
2 comments, last by Tom Sloper 1 year, 11 months ago

The perspective is from that of a cryptid/murderer that is stalking a victim. One/both of its arms is visible as it peers around corners/parts branches. The player controls the victim. As the player enters new areas the monster/murderer gets closer. Depending on what items the player picks up and what areas they enter there are different endings.

Should I write out everything or is this good enough? (not looking for any credit just out here to give some inspiration)

Advertisement

Really an interesting idea. If used only sparsely, ofc.

TippinMaHat said:
Should I write out everything or is this good enough?

You may elaborate on details about visibility. I assume you talk about a FP or TP game, 3D with perspective projection. You want to make this clear first.
How do we control the player avatar? (I guess like TP, but this will become more difficult)
What happens if the player avatar becomes occluded, e.g. by entering a new room the murderer is not in yet?

TippinMaHat said:
Should I write out everything or is this good enough? (not looking for any credit just out here to give some inspiration)

What you should write depends on what you're trying to accomplish. What do you hope will happen? You say “give some inspiration” - to whom, and for what purpose?

• Inspire investors to invest funds?
  • Recruit a team?
  • Instruct a team on what to develop?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement